vw fox sport

Peebo

6050606.001.1M.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Reminiscent of the first generation VW Golf GTI the new Volkswagen Fox Sport is a mini pocket rocket destined to give a thrilling ride. Of course the immense popularity of the VW Golf model over the years has elevated its status within the VW model range and is no longer the darling little baby. Enter Fox Sport slated to be a hit in Germany, UK, Italy, France and South America (where it is produced). The Fox Sport will receive the 92 kW / 125bhp 1.6L 16V 4-cylinder engine from the Lupo GTI and expected to go on sale next year.

oooooh cant wait for these to come out!!!

• Like 1

Suppose its better than the normal fox but 'sport' is not a word you could put with the way that car looks imo. I have a passat sport and its not sporty! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It looks great in sport trim.

I'm still thinking about it.

GTI engine, big enough for a family car, and like the Lupo when it was released, everyone dislikes it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sounds promising wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

after the sport is released with the 125bhp, i am putting money on them doing a gti version with 150bhp.

oooooh cant wait for these to come out!!!

Neither can I so I can laugh at how boring, cheap and dull this car will be they could stick a F430 engine in it and it wouuld still be boring I for one would rather walk!

Suppose its better than the normal fox but 'sport' is not a word you could put with the way that car looks imo. I have a passat sport and its not sporty! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The Sport in question is Darts, not the 100 metres.

My dealership is selling a 1.4 Fox, with three years free servicing for £6500.

Are you all seriously saying they are not good value for money?

If it's new at that kind of money, you wouldn't buy any thing from the Malaysians or Koreans would you? Never mind what that nob from Esquire said on Fifth Gear.

It's expected that the 1.6-litre 125bhp engine from the Lupo GTI will feature in the Fox Sport, although it is unclear as to whether a five-speed or six-speed manual gearbox will be used.

VW-Fox-Sport-001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The standard Fox is an entertaining drive and VW's engineers have done wonders with its latest Golf GTI, so it can be expected that the Fox Sport will have uprated suspension and steering settings to improve the driving dynamics further

VW-Fox-Sport-003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Deeper front and rear body-coloured bumpers are likely to be the only visual differences over the standard model, although the front grille may receive the red detailing and honeycomb grille as found on the latest Golf GTI

VW-Fox-Sport-004.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The Fox Sport will likely ride on lowered suspension and if these pics are to be trusted, 15-inch alloy wheels. Interior upgrades are expected to include a smattering of aluminium highlights on the pedals and dials, and a leather-trimmed steering wheel and gearshift gaiter.

VW-Fox-Sport-005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The Fox Sport will be built alongside the standard model in Mexico and is expected to go on sale in the UK within months of the standard model launch early in 2006. Prices are estimated to be around the £10,000 mark.

VW-Fox-Sport-006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> That is one of the ugliest cars i have ever seen, what where VW thinking of.

My wife and i couldn't quite believe they discontinued the Lupo for the fox. A shrunken version of the golf just doesn't work. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I rather like it. What are them things stuck to the weels then onto the bodywork? Is it so you can't steel it and drive it away?

My dealership is selling a 1.4 Fox, with three years free servicing for £6500.

Are you all seriously saying they are not good value for money?

Yeah Andi, but it ISN'T A LUPO. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They are great value, and only the Panda is better I'd say. And IDGM is correct, you'd have to be clinically insane to buy the Daewoo Matiz for similar money.

The Fox feels like a proper car, the Matiz feels like a tuperware box pretending to be a rollerskate.

My wife and i couldn't quite believe they discontinued the Lupo for the fox. A shrunken version of the golf just doesn't work. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Polo seems to sell rather well though, both here and in Europe.

Lets get the proper photos out of the fox sport guys, not the old testing dummy images and see what people think:

a_fox_sport_d.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

01_FoxGTi_450.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

From what ive heard the 1.6 is only tuned to 100ps, but you get 16inch alloys mimicking the r32s 18's and vw are looking at a price of around £9500.

To be honest Fiat are bringing out a Panda Sport 1.4 16v 100hp soon, so I assume that as vw probably see this as the main competition, that the fox sport is coming too. Fiat are also bringing out a 125hp Abarth version if car magazines are actually right for a change, but fiat haven't confirmed this, they have confirmed and started production in fact of the Panda sport.

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/fiat/...allery/101.html

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/fiat/...allery/102.html

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/fiat/...allery/103.html

^^^ panda sport shots, taken on a mobile i'm afraid I think

Edited by Petes 16V Sport

That looks good, far better than the thing with stabilisers pictured above. Having read this thread I am beginning to be won over. I agree that there aren't many decent cars for similiar money. I am so fickle biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

shortened civic type r at the rear

a_fox_sport_d.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Something i noticed...

multipla.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

VW-Fox-Sport-001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

if the fox was a plane...

0163222.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by nfbr