Starter Button

I wouldn't bother. I mean, what's the point? You put your key in the ignition, turn it and your car starts. All the button does is add a further stage to getting going.

I wouldn't bother. I mean, what's the point? You put your key in the ignition, turn it and your car starts. All the button does is add a further stage to getting going.

Yeah i agree why bother, our renault scenic has a button start i dont really see the point in them, i would rather have to turn the key personally, well you dont even get a key with the renault anyway but with the loop you would still need to turn the key to ingition anyway.

You're absolutely right, but there's work for no gain involved. I don't know where one could go to look 'OEM' (God, I hate that phrase nearly as much as OEM+).

im considerin buying a kit like that then getting another button (possibly hazard switch) to go next to the rear heated screen switch

im considerin buying a kit like that then getting another button (possibly hazard switch) to go next to the rear heated screen switch

i can get a smart button, polished chrome with the same colour blue as the rev counter, im getting it installed at the mo, like you said just adds originality something different plus it replaces the fag lighter which i dont use anyway, total cost £21, cheers easy ill get some fots up once all done

i can get a smart button, polished chrome with the same colour blue as the rev counter, im getting it installed at the mo, like you said just adds originality something different plus it replaces the fag lighter which i dont use anyway, total cost £21, cheers easy ill get some fots up once all done

Isn't the fag lighter in the ashtray? bit of an odd place to put a starter button huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

If you can post some photos of how to get the central console out, it would be greatly appreciated. I think I've sort of figiured it out at the dashboard end, but I can't get it to release behind the handbrake.

Thanks.

i dont know how hard they would be as they must have sensors to know when the engine is running and also you press them again and they stop running.

i had a starter button installed in to my first saxo where you turn the key on to ignition and press it (had the turn on the key disabled) was fun and looked awsome also gained a lot of attention but got annoying when your driving down the road and someone said "whats that" so you tell them and they press it so the starter motor starts going angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

I quite like my starter button smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nobody's pressed it when I'm driving along yet, but mine disables itself after the engine is running anyway. I would be a bit concerned if it didn't, as you just know someone will press it when you're doing 80 down the motorway or something smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I liked my Mini which had the solenoid starter button on the floor as standard!

That was many, many years ago on a '61 Mini, but I don't know if I'd go back! It was such an improvement to get a key turn ignition!

I did have an external 'mains power/battery key' on one of my Imps, but got fed up when my pal on a couple of occasions pinched the big red key at the traffic lights when passing on his bike! Removed it!

In the end, do what you want and enjoy!

S!

Edited by Silver!

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me how to fit an 'ejecter' button to the passenger seat- my boyfriend keeps annoying me- sounds way more practical than an electircal starter button.

In all seriousness though I really need help with removing and replacing my entire dashboard. Im fitting new airbags in the morning. Any help would be appreciated. x

Can anyone tell me how to fit an 'ejecter' button to the passenger seat- my boyfriend keeps annoying me- sounds way more practical than an electircal starter button.

In all seriousness though I really need help with removing and replacing my entire dashboard. Im fitting new airbags in the morning. Any help would be appreciated. x

Tigz has done a cool howto on removing your dash - it's here