Eric the Lupo Sport...

Tallika_Fan

• 1 month later...

Well not had an update for a little while so here goes. My back box has been sounding like a lawnmower for ages, so fitted a standard sport replacement, had to modify it a little though. as it was different to the old one.

Old one off

DSC01286.jpg

Didn't take a pic of the new one, though here's the void it went into

DSC01287.jpg

Center section

DSC01289.jpg

Obligatory suspension shot..

DSC01290.jpg

I found a problem...this could be the reason i've been losing 30 miles on a tank recently. and sooting (probably not a word) up the tailgate. The Extension i made to the lambda sensor has been lying on the exhaust and thus melted and broken. So i fixed that on Saturday.

DSC01288.jpg

The exhaust is still a little raspy though there are a couple leaks that could do with fixing though the majority should coke up a bit. Plus it'll be that way anyway due to no cat or center box.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update since last time, i've fixed the lambda probe wires, was a little hit and miss really, i meant to ask a few questions here though haven't done, anyway the probe has 4 wires running from the plug to the probe, black, grey and two whites, low and behold the two white had gone right through.

Anyway, connected the black to black and grey to grey, then fitted removable connectors to the two white, anyway, started it, have run it for a couple of weeks like this now and my mpg has returned fantastically, so the combination of the new back box and fixed probe meant that i managed 297 miles to my last tank and that wasn't taking it easy ( well not all the time anyway ) 45mpg!

Couple of photos for you. Need to source another cold air feed, though fitted myself a CDA over the weekend. We'll see what it's like when i have a drive, in the golf today..

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been doing some more miles now and my service indicator is on now, though might just leave that til the new year.

Anyway, had a nice present waiting for me when i'd been shopping on monday, some bint had decided to drive through my car whilst trying to get to a space. Anyway, got a quote by an independant and reckons £230 to rectify it. Nay mind.

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

It does only look scuffed though the damage to the other car was significant enough to stow the door in an inch or so. I'll remove the bumper and see if there any other damage beneath it.

If i can get it sorted and recover the costs then quids in. The bloke said he'd plastic weld the hole in the bumper from a couple of years ago. The one the Moon Eyes sticker is covering.

Too cold this time of year to do anything, i still have to change the decat pipe over, though i don;t have to do that till early feb.

• 1 month later...

Little update, did my service yesterday and swapped the black leads for red ones, looks a little different. The plugs were bosch ones, bought some ngk ones from VW and they'd quite different visually too, bosch ones had one prong, NGK ones have three.

Also i've got my MOT next month so swapped my decat for the cat, boo. makes the exhaust less raspy and there is actually quite a nice note. Shall poss try and get another vid sometime. You can tell that the cat throttles it though!!

Before

DSC01332.jpg

After

PICT3839.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

No not really, the garage that made it up have also taken the centre box out, so there is a sleeve joint where the decat pipe and the straight through centre section is, this just allows the swapping of the cat to be a little easier, if i did it again, i would have a bolted flange section for the cat/decat pipe.

there is another photo here that shows the original backbox being welded to the centre section. though when i bought a new back box the length of the pipework was different. hence the need for cutting the old one.

DSC01289.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had to replace my discs and pads on the rear so went with some EBC standard discs and Black Stuff pads. Turns out to be a good combination.

Nearside

N_S-RearPads.jpg

N_S-RearDisc-Inner.jpg

N_S-RearDisc-Outer.jpg

Offside

O_S-RearPads.jpg

O_S-RearDisc-Inner.jpg

O_S-RearDisc-Outer.jpg

Next thing i have to replace is the coilpack and the connection between the two wiper arm mechanisms, did another jeremy beadle impression last night, only one wiper working on the way home. Dark and wet, not a nice way to fix the car when i got back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guess what....more mileage, lol.

141000.jpg

Another mod which i've fixed is the remote start function for my alarm.

A little vid to show off.

Youtube Video ->

Edited by Tallika_Fan