Eric the Lupo Sport...

Tallika_Fan

Got some new photos of various thingies...

This is the exhaust work when it was completed, it's much better though now i find out that the backbox is kaputt! Baffles are gone, so need a new one of them now.

PICT3454.jpg

PICT3453.jpg

PICT3455.jpg

Also got a new toy delivered a couple of weeks ago.....

PICT3448.jpg

I guess i can post this up here too in the reader thread....

zwane-graph.jpg

Cheers mate, yeah got plans for the power though at the moment got other stuff to fund and sort out, got suspension woes currently.

I'll hopefully start working on the project during summer, though we'll see.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the suspenion arrived yesterday, couldn't wait til the weekend to start fitting bits, so fitted the front coilovers and new discs and pads.

Old ones off (FK Highsport)

DSC00883.jpg

Old discs and pads (Not sure which discs they are though they were Pagid pads)

DSC00882.jpg

New coilovers are Weitec Hicon TX

N/S on

DSC00878.jpg

O/S on, with brake assembly (EBC Ultimax disc w/ Green Stuff pads

DSC00880.jpg

Those discs look great, if only they stayed black!

Looking really good.

I remember the day I realised that the discs werent black, a sad day! :wacko:

Got the rears on now, would've posted yesterday though forgot my phone. Had a little scar when i went for the test drive as when i was fitting the n/s the o/s must've dislocated it's self from the top cup/mount, so there was a lot of sway and some random noises, pulled over and looked through the wheek to see the coil wasn't centred.

Anyway took it back home, gingerly, jacked it up, dropped the beam and reseated it.

DSC00888.jpg

I'm really impressed with the weitecs, loads of adjustment on the damping which is nice, need to soften them up a touch though, they're a little firm just now.

I'll give them some time to bed in and report back, going to awesome on tuesday for geometry setup.

Andy, yeah can't wait, just ironing out little problems, getting a good base for the project, shall hopefully be able to start full time after the summer.

Grr, was due to replace my cambelt and waterpump over this weekend, stripped most everything down, removed the engine mount, locked the cams, together, came to undo the bottom pulley, nada!

Borrowed a compressor from my mates missus dad's, primed it, hooked it up, gave it beans and nothing!!

Bloody mechanics over tightening stuff!!

Anyway, i'm off to Awesome tomorrow to get the geometry done after fitting the coilies, so going to ask them to loosen it and then torque it up correctly.

Got the geometry done at Awesome, took a sneaky pic whilst there. Turns out the crank pulley bolt is a stretch one so it'd have to be replaced once loosened anyway, so i'll not be tackling the cambelt myself after all, will drop it into a garage, after my holiday that is...

Had a chat with a nice fella that works there, used to own a certain TDI on here, then a Swift. You know the one. Top chap.

DSC00904.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all i have a new mascot, only apt to call the car Eric now methinks.

DSC01079.jpg

This morning on the motorway travelling about 80mph, a bloody big stone shot up straight at the windscreen, to the left of my line of sight though i think it's just too big to leave, what say's yee folks? (Apologies for the photo quality, the phone didn't like taking photos of glass)

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

Also raised the car 15mm at the front last night as O/S driveshaft was catching something at the rear of the engine, a plastic bracket of sorts, carrying wires, not sure what too, will have another look sometime. Though over big bumps there was also a small scuff on the chassis leg, anyway, went for a drive and everything is honky dory now, drives so much better, even softened up the rears a touch too.

Still looks low though, which is all good.

DSC01083.jpg