Eric the Lupo Sport...

Tallika_Fan

the check light will most certainly be on without a cat, as its not getting the emission values expected.

ive just read that the wiring needs extending for the lambda sensor, any specific wireing you used?

As regards to the sound, it's getting better, specially under load.

how did all the probes go into the raceland? any problems?

to be honest i saw the probe point in the gearbox end cylinder (#4?) and thought to myself, my original manifold doesn't have that, so took it off and plugged it up (hope i don't need it, is it polo specific?)

What about the CHECK lamp?Is it on...? D.
the check light will most certainly be on without a cat, as its not getting the emission values expected.

ive just read that the wiring needs extending for the lambda sensor, any specific wireing you used?

As regards to the check lamp, there is nothing on that shouldn't be, i thought there might be issues with this. The only thing there is, sometime in first and secon taking to the red the (i) lamp comes on briefly then goes off, still need to check my levels to see if this is the cause.

Wiring-wise, i used the 'blue' cable from halfrauds, butt connectors, and some electrical tape, this the next time is to insulate it a little better. Will keep my eye on it though.

Cheers

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Took some pics whilst at VWNW, rude not to include them...

PICT3219.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3218.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3217.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3215.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3214.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3213.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3210.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Nice, does the ride feel any different with it on?

tbh mate, it does, may well be a placebo effect happening though it does feel as if the turn in is a lot more responsive.

I'll be getting a lower one aswell as a rear one at some point too.

hehe, don't reckon, just some fella selling random stuff at the show. Wanted £25 at first, walked then shouted £20, came back later, said he wanted £20, nah mate, only got £15. Done.

Dubmeister have them £63

Weichers Sport.de have them too €86

Edit, that's for the painted steel ones. the alloy ones are a lot dearer.

Edited by Tallika_Fan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got new something delivered today, couple of flexi sections so that i can (get the garage to) make up the decat and cat section for my exhaust.

I drew a sketch so that i can take it to the garage place and tell him what exactly i want.

**edit**

forgot to add that i bought them from Camskill, should have been £16.20ea for unlined ones with £8 postage, though their supplier said they didn't have any in stock so swapped them for Ilok lined ones, for the same price. Looking on the site they're at least £10 dearer each! Bargain.

DSC00253.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Ryan, whenever i come to sell it'll sure be a hell of a lot faster than when i first took ownership ;)

Mike, yeah i t was leaking a little, though have since nipped it up more, to think i got a new flex section fitted at our local VW place too!

Covered myself in oil today giving the car some new blood and filter. Hehe. MOT in a couple of weeks so have to get the exhaust sorted out!

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Cheers Scoff, the manifold wasn't too bad to fit once i'd recruited outside help to bend it for me.

Manipulating it within the confinds of the engine bay is a little tricky though with a little patience it pays off.

One thing i would do again differently if i did it again is the way i wrapped it, when i was servicing the car last weekend i noticed that a couple of the ties have slipped a little and the wrap has sagged a bit exposing the exhaust a small amount. Never mind.