Eric the Lupo Sport...

Tallika_Fan

Finished the boot install, for the time being anyway.

PICT2849.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT2847.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT2848.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Wow that boot install looks really well, looks hidden really well, i may have to do something like this with mine.

was it hard work to do or did you get a it ready made?

Wow that boot install looks really well, looks hidden really well, i may have to do something like this with mine.

was it hard work to do or did you get a it ready made?

Cheers for the comments mate. It wasn't easy, probably made it hard for myself, though with the constraints of the size of the boot there isn't much else i was willing to do with my skills. Next is to get some sort of speaker grill to protect the sub ( not that anything goes in the boot anyway )

I have attached the original plan i drew (acad dwg format), it's not too far off the original design, the mdf i used was probably overkill, as the car sits 10mm lower at the back since fitting it all.

As stated isn't finished yet, still an interim stage....

falsefloor.zip

ahh, clever, they all the right mesurements, i may give it a go myself, dont quite understand section a though, are they just air holes in the rear?

and does the amp sit in the compartment on the left?

Oh, and good use of auto cad skills there, i like biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ahh, clever, they all the right mesurements, i may give it a go myself, dont quite understand section a though, are they just air holes in the rear?

and does the amp sit in the compartment on the left?

Oh, and good use of auto cad skills there, i like biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Section A is the dotted part of Section B on the right, though in the end i didn't end up fitting that as it was too much like hard work, i thought it'd add more strength, though to be honest, it's not going anywhere!

They are the right measurements though the bit the caused me the most headaches was the small taper that's either side of the boot opening, reet pain!!

The amp does sit in the section on the left, though its a big amp and kind props itself up, imagine it tilting forward to the front of the car. SHould have taken more pics.

Cheers

ps cad skills is what i have all day long (i'm a draffy)

haha makes sence now. yea i can imagine it being a bit of a chew on like. what you could do is just do an exact copy of your one and post it to me haha!!

and yea im a design technician myself, spend every day on Autocad.

Nice job.

Cheers fella.

haha makes sence now. yea i can imagine it being a bit of a chew on like. what you could do is just do an exact copy of your one and post it to me haha!!

and yea im a design technician myself, spend every day on Autocad.

If i get the chance i shall amend this drawing to the current design.

Though you might be able to visualise it from this 'in progress' thread in the members ice section

Alright mate the wheels are Artec AD Cups, similar styled to the RH Cup ( but cheaper laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )

Not too sure how low she is though have a look at my other thread and this should throw some light your way.

That looks a tidy job, and there is even a bit of usable boot left!

Small update, new bonnet and everything put back together.

PICT1950.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I like the black bonnet too, as someone else said, the roof in black would look shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Oh and BTW your passenger wiper is on the wrong way around! They come with the plastic clip the wrong way around from VW.

That looks a tidy job, and there is even a bit of usable boot left!

I like the black bonnet too, as someone else said, the roof in black would look shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Oh and BTW your passenger wiper is on the wrong way around! They come with the plastic clip the wrong way around from VW.

Yeah there is a small amount of boot left now, though waiting on a delivery of a grille for the sub. we'll see how that fits and how much i trust it though first.

I know a painter so shall check this out at some point about the roof, i like the idea too.

Cheers for the heads up about the wiper, shall check that out. Not caused me any grief yet though, was thinkin of upgrading to aero's at some point.

I'm liking the black bonnet on the green!

What tires are you running on those wheels?

I reckon you need something thinner smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah there is a small amount of boot left now, though waiting on a delivery of a grille for the sub. we'll see how that fits and how much i trust it though first.

I know a painter so shall check this out at some point about the roof, i like the idea too.

Cheers for the heads up about the wiper, shall check that out. Not caused me any grief yet though, was thinkin of upgrading to aero's at some point.

No problem, I bought some aftermarket aero blades for the standard arms, I got a 19" and 21" blade, the 19" works perfect but the 21" is a bit rubbish TBH, if I was buying another set I would get two 19" ones.

No problem, I bought some aftermarket aero blades for the standard arms, I got a 19" and 21" blade, the 19" works perfect but the 21" is a bit rubbish TBH, if I was buying another set I would get two 19" ones.

I shall bear that in mind for when it comes to the crunch, swapped the pass side round this morning, seems to be fine, cheers again.

I'm liking the black bonnet on the green!

What tires are you running on those wheels?

I reckon you need something thinner

I really like the bonnet being black,it's actuall more brown at the moment, covered in paw prints too....Tyrewise something thinner is on the books for my other set of wheels, currently running 185/55's, may go for something of a 165/50 or 175/50 next time.

What grilll are you going to go for? hopfuly not a kicker or blaubucket ones :/

Nope, no kicker or blaupunkt ones, for years i was interested in getting an infinity one, though didn't suit the current setup. Don't like the Audiobahn ones, so went for this one, it arrived the other day, trial fitted it, hopefully should get it completed this weekend for BVF.

a6_1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Quick update in the 'rides thread...

PICT2923.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT2922.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT2862.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• 3 weeks later...

Couple more mods for ya!

Received this on friday

PICT3012.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3014.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Got it heated and bent in the afternoon. So trial fitted it.

PICT3018.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

For clearance checking

PICT3020.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3021.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Time for wrap

PICT3024.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3023.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Still blowing a touch currently as i had to bodge a section of pipe where the cat was. Shall make it better though.

Well i had the car back on the ramps yesterday (pain in the ass itself!!) sorting out the blowing from all the joints (next job at some point is to make a friend with a welder) pretty much sorted now, there is a noticable rasp from it, (there is a slight blowing still though i'll cope with that one)

This morning, booted it, got toward the redline and the (i) warning lamp flashed, think i'll check all levels and see if this was the cause. though well impressed, released more potential, pulls harder with less wheezing toward the top end.

A lot less resistance. In all £145 delivered for the manifold, £47 for the heat wrap and ties, about £30 on mild steel pipe/clamps/reducers/gum and some time.

Impressed in all.

btw, it was a polo one from Phil Jackson (philj) on the clubpolo forum, which needed to be bent as seen in the photo showing the downpipe (discolouring)

Cheers

Edited by Tallika_Fan

Couple more pics of the mid section bodge..... don't laugh, well you can though it's not going to stay like this, just need to make friends with a welder.

PICT3135.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3134.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3133.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT3136.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />