Just bought an audi a2 tdi

oldirtybastard

Just bought an audi a2 tdi

eventually, not just now it will be getting mapped,

same engine as lupo tdi 75bhp 1422cc.

so what mods have you done and what power and torque you getting??

Ive heard some remaps will also give you even better fuel consumtion, is this true?

Taz

Don't think there are any A2 owners on here matey, not by my memory anyway.

I do know of one or two on the Autocar forum who rave about them. Never seen it myself but they really seem to love them.

As he says though...same engine as the Lupo TDi wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />....I think you're looking at about 100bhp...not sure about torque though.

so what mods have you done and what power and torque you getting??

Ive heard some remaps will also give you even better fuel consumtion, is this true?

Changed my air filter from the stock one to a BMC cotton gauze element (washed all the oil off to save my Air Mass Meter)

Made a new exhaust which is just pipework from the centre box back, And had a Jabbasport remap - Mine now sees 117bhp @ fly, 100.4bhp @ wheels, and 183lb/ft torque smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As for fuel econemy, This is true, If your not booting it everywhere, the fuel economy is increased, My previous best from a full tank was 340 miles, I got 365 miles this week and i was being a bit heavy footed at the begining of the week smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

See,

we nearly bought the 1.6 fsi sport with leathers 17's and 30k more miles for £500 cheaper, but we decided to go for the tdi instead as we will soon be doing long journeys in it.

So far no regrets, love the car to bits. Looks luverly next to my lupo.

I will get pics up, you know what im like the so dont count on them appearing soon. Lol

Al, them figures sound luverly, what kind of cost we looking to get there?

Taz

Edited by oldirtybastard

Al, them figures sound luverly, what kind of cost we looking to get there?

Taz

Air filter - £46

Home made exhaust - £30 for bits (used a friends pipe bender and welder)

Remap £425

Glad you got the TDI rather than the FSI my dads had both & I got to use both of them regularly. There is another thread on here somewhere about them, but as NFBR says get it chipped, air filter, exhaust & it will fly. I've got a Superchip in mine & it was pushing 108bhp @ the wheels & 186 lb/ft torque, and then added a pipercross intake & full powerflow exhaust which has upped it a bit further. Im fairly certain the A2 is actually lighter than the lupo or Arosa which with that sort of power should prove lots of fun!

I reckon they will be about same weight however the a2 is aluminium say may just be slightly lighter, try look into it.

Some really decent figures there by the way.

Taz

iv recently brought an A2 aswell!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i went for the tdi 90 sport which i am very impressed with. theres an a2 forum www.a2oc.net fella on there with a 90 tdi thats been remaped now running at 118bhp, loads of tourqe. hope you enjoy it there lovely cars.

Edited by hotoshinken