chipped Gti's

i_want_a_GTI

£300 - £400. give about an extra 10-15 bhp. Depending on mods. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by dubweiser2005

£300 -£400. give about an extra 15-20bhp. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

can i have whatever drugs you are on? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

You might need a prescription for them though! LOL!

AMD do a remap, which involves flashing the eprom I believe. Cant remember what they said on the phone.

What mods you got?

my gti is chipped,

really small one on the front bumper, but its been touched up really well so the car hasnt suffered too much biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Im sure in real life it was around 3bhp.

quite possibly....if anything i think it just smoothed the power delivery a bit, gained a small amount of torque.....

chipping isnt really a cost effective mod on the gti i think...

think i'll beleive it when i see it...

quite possibly....if anything i think it just smoothed the power delivery a bit, gained a small amount of torque.....

I think thats the case from the graphs I've seen.

It doesn't smooth out the emissions dip, but the rest of the rev range does look much smoother.

Although there no extra power, I think it would be some thing Id invest in.

Think about it for a second.... ABT wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

DNA Tuning is the UK side of ABT, who offer tuning packages developed with VW/Audi through the dealer network. About £400+ vat is the going rate for a custom remap. Plus, ABT stuff still legitimises your warranty...

Tho, only worth serious conideration if you've actually modded your motor and warrant a remap. There's easier and cheaper ways to get power out of your stock motor before you remap smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Dubya

10bhp for 400 quid? f that easier to save up for faster car happy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

10bhp for 400 quid? f that easier to save up for faster car happy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

Proper power gains are far from cheap. In relation to horsepower per pound spent, you'd get very little for your money in a normally aspirated motor. Think of the millions VW spend to develop the engine in the first place. Your £200 exhaust, and £70 induction kit will make no significant difference at all. If you want proper power gains, then save up your hard earned and be prepared to spend a small fortune.

£400 is about the going rate for a remap, on any motor. On a stock motor, your going to get very little benefit from a remap, as it's already been developed by VW. If you change camshafts, flow the head, lighten the crank etc, then you'll get more benefit from the remap.

Likewise with forced induction. You've got to spend out in the first place, converting to low compression before you can run it. Then you've got to buy all the kit - turbo, manifold, intercooler and and and. Even then, further power gains are even more expensive.

Those that think horsepower is readily available for silly cheap money are very wrong indeed smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Those that think horsepower is readily available for silly cheap money are very wrong indeed smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

NOS!

BOOST BOOST BOOST!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

My workmate Simon Smith blew up his supercharged Toyota Celica 140 engine when he installed NOS.

It made a nice sound for a short while but nothing like the noise and cacophony in the Fast & Furious film.

I went to AMD about 3 yrs ago and had an Audi S3 remapped with impressive bhp and torque gains on the low pressure 1.8 turbo. Would have to agree with Dubya. No point in mucking about with Lupo engines - sort out the suspension and then take it to the track. You can only learn how to drive quickly on a trackday with an instructor. There's just too much traffic on our roads to chance it unless you work as a traffic cop or MP in which case you can drive as qucikly as you want and claim you were just testing the car's limits.