Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

The 1.9TDI lupo is a nightmare mate, I can only dream how bad it is for this guy with 393bhp (tho torque is the problem not the power, and the 1.8T torque will be smoother so might even be easier to drive).

I have a few toys, however I dont drink or smoke and I work hard (very very very hard compared to most students) 7 days a week working at min!

Edited by Bikerz

yeah from the chats we've had id say you work harder than most people full stop! and i strive to have the motivation n determination that you have. I dont drink or smoke but i have a misses -_- haa altho shes turning into a real dub whore slowly :P

Thanks buddy, I have a different perspective on life since accident that's for sure. You can do anything if you try hard enough. I will have a Zonda one day!

Yeah my Mrs is too, Charlie. Charlie B on here. She has a SDI lupo slammed on Borbet A's, reiger front bumper and smoothed etc...

loving the work sam really impressed with the engine bay at edition. i can't wait to start fiddling with mine a bit more mines still got a normal diff what lsd did you go with in the end ? cheers matt

ey up matt, thank you pal, I had chance to have a nose round yours this weekend im really impressed with how at home and oem yours looks in that bay, its looks like it almost left the factory that way! would have been nice to have a chat with you are you planning any more outings this year? santa pod mayb in october? I went for the quaife lsd and its done me well I think I have heard a lot of good things about the peloquin lsd's as well but id say its a money well spent investment mate when playing this game :) lol

Im Sheldon Mate. Found on most forums as Bikerz. My pride and joy is a big powered Audi TT mk1. So I know a little about the 1.8T's.

I will do a build thread on the TT on here when I can. Basic engine spec was:

1.8T block,

82.5mm bore and 14lb Eurospec crank giving a real 2.0L

1mm oversized intake and exhaust valves

Supertech Valves along with springs collets and retainers

"Drag cams"

CNC head work

IHI top mount tubular race manifold

IHI blower

Pro Allow FMIC 70mm pipework kit

R32 Throttle body

545bhp

Its currently going to a

GTX30R76 (90% sure)

Top Mount T3 flange manifold

Forge Supersize Re-Circ valve

Should make 500bhp and be super reliable for track thrashing!

You really are proving a wealth of knowledge sheldon and that TT does sound rather immense I must say! It does sound like you know your stuff and i think i'll defo be taking some of your advice on the engine :)

Thank you once again

Sam.

It will be a Pre 2002 S3 lump then mate. 210bhp.

It will be a small port head (get a LP head and SEM inlet manifold for more power and better flow). (SEM will cost you £800 and a LP head goes for approx £150, your probally want to go for a S4 or RS4 Throttle body too which you can pick up for £70 if your lucky) 70mm and 75mm. I have a R32 one on my TT.

AGU or A** (Found on 180 1.8T's) are the Large power heads and a must when going over 400bhp (My TT has one, and that has been worked with cams and 1mm larger valves on all 5)

And doin the inlet head and throttle body what sort of power gains would you expect to see...?

Sam.

Power gains I wouldn't like to say mate. However the car will run cooler and you wont be "loosing" as must boost through system, at the min your are forcing air through a small hole which creates frictional looses and heat, making the hole larger means less frictional looses and turbo doesn't have to work as hard (less boost). This is what I want as I want a reliable track car, as this car isn't driven much but gets a rather hard life! I was out braking Race spec TVR's on 10" slicks last track day, they were amazed and loved the car (Brembo 6 pots)

Hopefully that made sense.

Who maps it? I presume on stock 1.8T ECU?

I know sod all mate compared to some of these boys.

Edited by Bikerz

yes i was looking out for you but must of missed you haha yeah thats just how i wanted it to look like it was factory aim unsure if it will be having any more outings this year could possibly doing the pod not sure yet had it on the track at inters and i was struggling to put the power down i think the lsd will the next thing going in. if i don't catch you at the pod it will be ultimate dubs after that ?

matt

Car looked good at the weekend, never caught you though.

R

I was being very illusive all week as I think I hardly ended up speaking to anyone :( lol, always next time though :)

Power gains I wouldn't like to say mate. However the car will run cooler and you wont be "loosing" as must boost through system, at the min your are forcing air through a small hole which creates frictional looses and heat, making the hole larger means less frictional looses and turbo doesn't have to work as hard (less boost). This is what I want as I want a reliable track car, as this car isn't driven much but gets a rather hard life! I was out braking Race spec TVR's on 10" slicks last track day, they were amazed and loved the car (Brembo 6 pots)

Hopefully that made sense.

Who maps it? I presume on stock 1.8T ECU?

I know sod all mate compared to some of these boys.

Haha yes I completely get where your coming from with that and to be fair I can clearly understand that making sense :) And I can defo see the advantages of running a bit cooler because it does tend to get rather rather hot from time to time especially on hot days, Ive had it rather inconveniently decide to overheat and cut power the other day just as I was pulling off at a busy round a bout..... :s

does sound rather tasty are there any videos of this beast in action....? even better in the flesh :P and yea its still on the stock ecu.

yes i was looking out for you but must of missed you haha yeah thats just how i wanted it to look like it was factory aim unsure if it will be having any more outings this year could possibly doing the pod not sure yet had it on the track at inters and i was struggling to put the power down i think the lsd will the next thing going in. if i don't catch you at the pod it will be ultimate dubs after that ?

matt

I think id say that you've fully achieved your aim with the engine bay mate :) I was gutted at not having the car back in time for inters was really looking forward to that, thats why I gotta get my pod fix in october!! was that handling thing the first time they done it this year? dont remember that being there last year??

Looked cool heading home from Edition, was really hoping you were going to cane it past me and Ryan though. :lol:

Haha, just because I have power doesn't mean that Im a hooligan with it...... (most of the time...) I dont know what you must think of me :o lol, that was very painful driving up that A14 I couldnt see a bloody thing with that sun in my eyes and no sunglasses and those silly bloody lupo sun visors that really dont block out the sun lol! it always amazes me though at how fast you go from hundreds of modded VWs everywhere on the road for the first couple of miles to like virtually none by the time u hit that A14, I don't think I saw one more after you two!

Sam.

yeah i think it was the first time they have done it at inters they did it at the pod a few times aprently i didn't go on it as i don't think the lupo would be any good on it i was looking out for you at inters because I've always missed your runs at inters. i was doing mid 14's can't wait to be able to put the power a bit better haha can't wait to see what times you will be running with the new work done

matt

yeah i think it was the first time they have done it at inters they did it at the pod a few times aprently i didn't go on it as i don't think the lupo would be any good on it i was looking out for you at inters because I've always missed your runs at inters. i was doing mid 14's can't wait to be able to put the power a bit better haha can't wait to see what times you will be running with the new work done

matt

Ahhhh if it wasnt the first time then it would have meant i was being totally bind before :s lol, what power are you running agian? (sorry im being lazy and not going looking lol). Yea the LSD is a must i never had the chance to drive mine without one as I had it in from the start but I can see them being rather loose everywhere without one?

I know me too my best was a 13.6 with 286bhp, was so gutted at not being at inters as although the quality of drag strip isnt the best I do just enjoy the show there as well! I'd really love to break into the 12's though!

Sam.

Hello Grant, I hope that you have this sorted now as I apologize for not getting back in touch sooner but as I said its been an age since I last was on. For some reason I seem o remember it being a polo TDI mount now :/ If your still stuck and havent got it sorted yet I can get the part number for you by all means as I've got a spare one kicking around somewhere I keep just in case :) Sam.

Hi Sam, no worries, I have fabricated the mk4 mount into the lup so no problems..... I hope! ... great progress on you car! sorry couldnt see you and everyone at edition! ... you got any other shows planned for this year?

mines only running 247 at the moment its a 240 qs engine so it needs a lot more to be done to it. aim sure you should be able to break the 12s with the work that has been done now im sure just maybe at the pod as you said the runway hasn't got the best of surfaces at all. it can be a bit of a handful when you plant the right foot haha

240 QS engine is the same as a 225 lump buddy. Its just mapping.

The LSD in my TDI seems rather tight and need loosening off (which you cant do yourself). Id say it isnt helping much but also never driven without one.

I will do a build thread on the TT mate as dont want to take over this. However here is a few videos (old turbo)

Edited by Bikerz

I thought I was gettin big power gains for sticking a new intake filter on my 1lt Arouser....!

(I kid, obviously lol)

This may be a silly question, but you guys with the big power engine conversions.. It's still running the Lupo front wheel drive system eh?

......Because a Lupo with 500hp and 4wd sounds absolutely amazing!

Hitler would be pleased!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam, no worries, I have fabricated the mk4 mount into the lup so no problems..... I hope! ... great progress on you car! sorry couldnt see you and everyone at edition! ... you got any other shows planned for this year?

Ahh brill glad to hear you got that sorted ok :) and yes I should be at santa pod in october for some strip action!

mines only running 247 at the moment its a 240 qs engine so it needs a lot more to be done to it. aim sure you should be able to break the 12s with the work that has been done now im sure just maybe at the pod as you said the runway hasn't got the best of surfaces at all. it can be a bit of a handful when you plant the right foot haha

haha its strange really when we say running 'only' (247) lol, but Im sure you'll soon be twitching for more! Yes that bloody runway enlightened my whole front end like the month after it was painted after following a car down it! not impressed lol.

240 QS engine is the same as a 225 lump buddy. Its just mapping.

The LSD in my TDI seems rather tight and need loosening off (which you cant do yourself). Id say it isnt helping much but also never driven without one.

I will do a build thread on the TT mate as dont want to take over this. However here is a few videos (old turbo)

Mmmmmm very very tasty I must say, I do like. much love!

Sam.

Edited by My_Names_Buck

Fitted comfort flashers to the loop yesterday what a bloody ball ache that turned into :/ I followed the excellent how to guide http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=64974

but was struggling for ages as the colour of my wires didn't seem to match up for some reason, in the end managed to figure it out as the wiring loom wires and the relay wires ended up being the opposite to each other compared to what the diagram said both on the how to and the instructions :s lol.

Very happy with the results though :)

yes aim in need of more power first thing putting the power down better tho can't wait to see it go up the strip tbf never seen it run

Haha, fair play mate :) will you be at pod on the 16th? I will defo be there I'm just praying for no RAIN!

Sam.