Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

looked ace on the 1\4 at inters mate, i was hopeing to soo the car somewere so i could have a look at the mounts and get some pics for the guy thats gonna be doing mine lol

so instead of using custom mounts they modded the chassi legs to take the std 20vt mounts?

Cheers thank you mate, yea i loved the strip i didnt wanna come off but it was getting seriously hot in the afternoon and power was just getting worse with the high temperatures and hard abuse! Well the passenger side mount is a mk4 golf one but cnt remember how much they had to do to get it on and same with the driver side thats a polo tdi mount but again I cnt honestly remember what had to be done to the leg for it too fit, sorry :(

and with the bolt braking whats it made out of? could look at possibly using a bolt made from a stronger material lol

I think its just like a normal m10 bolt that comes up out the mount but the hard launches and abuse it must have to withstand it obviously just too much for them so im looking into some sort of custom fabricated mount either with a thicker stronger bolt or another fastening that comes over the top of the existing mount as well.

Very nice mate, what bhp was that audi?

Its an APY lump which I think were in S3's if my memory is correct and 210bhp in there standard form.

Just a couple more pics after I had a quick clean the other day. I also lowered the front end by about another 8mm. Quite happy with how she sits now :) althou my sump and gear box mount are now rather close to the floor :blink: Im thinkin abut looking at some sort of guard for it all.

P1010043.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Thanks for looking, Sam.

Top notch, cant believe this thread hasnt had thousands of replies compared to some of the poo on here!

You can get shallow sumps, not sure if you've seen them? I know PSI and g-werks sell them:

http://www.psituning.com/shop/product.php/132/1_8t_shallow_sump

You also then need the shorter oil pickup pipe and return line, can get them from VW/Audi im sure the part numbers are on a thread on edition, or can just chop off and weld them yourself in the right place ;)

Top notch, cant believe this thread hasnt had thousands of replies compared to some of the poo on here!

You can get shallow sumps, not sure if you've seen them? I know PSI and g-werks sell them:

http://www.psituning.com/shop/product.php/132/1_8t_shallow_sump

You also then need the shorter oil pickup pipe and return line, can get them from VW/Audi im sure the part numbers are on a thread on edition, or can just chop off and weld them yourself in the right place ;)

Cheers mate, I don't really do as much in this members rides I do more in the project thread HERE which is normally a little bit more active :)

Yea I do already have a shallow sump on, from PSI Tuning when they did the conversion, if it wasn't on there now I think the sump would actually be on the floor :s cheers for the info thou matey.

Does anyone recommend a place that would be able to supply some form of custom underbelly tray?

about your engine mount troubles, we run a redtop engine in our mini and we use v8 engine mounts from a landrover if its any help?

p.s love the car!

Ahh that might be helpful as I remember someone else recomending a mount from a V8 something at a show a while back and now you've said that I think they too were on about something similar. Might be something I need to look into :)

Thanks very much, Sam.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, just a little update after edition 38 :) The car has now had all four arches rolled which so far appear to have eliminated any rubbing on the arches where as before there was a fair amount, Ive had the passenger door delocked and as they were a lickle tacky had the wing mirrors and fuel filler cap resprayed by gregg. Had a brill weekend at edition and here are a few pictures of mine that i took over the two days :)

05092010356.jpg

04092010293.jpg

04092010298.jpg

04092010302.jpg

04092010306.jpg

04092010309.jpg

04092010314.jpg

Was very impressed with how well she came up, gave her a real good clean :)

04092010321.jpg

05092010330.jpg

05092010342.jpg

05092010347.jpg

05092010351.jpg

05092010359.jpg

05092010365.jpg

05092010335.jpg

05092010366.jpg

Thanks for looking, Sam.

Thank you all very much for your comments :) ive got the tedious task at removing my silicone gluey stuff from the cardboard roof lining this afternoon, not looking forward to that! :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hiya Ron, great choice of conversion, you wont regret it :) Correct the passenger side mount, is a mk4 golf mount, think it was a 1.8t mount, the standard item just wasnt upto the job thou really, couldnt believe how light and flimsy they feel, if i was you i would definitely choose an uprated mount such as the VF one. Save changing it later on :)

The driver side is a mount off a seat ibiza tdi, im currently on the look out for an uprated mount on that side as from the picture you can see the problem.... :s lol

Sam.

Hello mate, that driverside engine mount ... is it from an ASV seat engine (1.9 tdi)

...just a little stuck on what to order next week!

Thanks!

Grant.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all sorry for the lack of replies I haven't been on lately and have been busy with a few updates here and there ;)

After having boost issues and it not keeping boost properly at high rpm she has now undergone a new phase....

She is almost ready and will be running 350bhp+

Garrett GT2871RS Turbo along with bigger injectors, uprated internals, custom equal length manifold, new pipe work and some new engine paint work. I will include a few spec list shorty but here are a few teaser videos for you :) Hope you like. (Sound quality and picture isn't the best sorry)

She is now also rolling on a new set of wheels fresh for Ultimate Dubs however I'm lacking photos on this computer at the moment however I shall have some up soon :)

do you live around nuneaton by any chance

my mate owns a williams mk1 clio and said you put foot down and just left him

and someone i know with a red vxr lost out to the tiny lupo

And yes I don't live far away, seems like ages ago now but yes it could well have been me, pretty sure I remember a red VXR defo :)

Hello mate, that driverside engine mount ... is it from an ASV seat engine (1.9 tdi)

...just a little stuck on what to order next week!

Thanks!

Grant.

Hello Grant, I hope that you have this sorted now as I apologize for not getting back in touch sooner but as I said its been an age since I last was on. For some reason I seem o remember it being a polo TDI mount now :/ If your still stuck and havent got it sorted yet I can get the part number for you by all means as I've got a spare one kicking around somewhere I keep just in case :)

Sam.

• 1 month later...

Phwoaarrr! unreal

Perspex rear window would look good, taking out the rear wiper bung :)

Dont suppose youve got any recomendations for anywhere have you...? Thank yoohhhh :)