Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

Just a little update I managed to find some random bits and bobs to remove the over day, a bit of the old seat belt mechanism and some clips lol! I bet a mnaged to remove about a massive 2kg :o lol!

DSC_0106.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jst a quick one dude... were did u get ur engine mounts from.

The one was supplied by psi tuning who i think get them straight from vf engineering, and the other (passenger side) was supplied by Regal who were an absolute lifesaver at GTI International last year when i split my oem mount in half :s lol

here are the latest pictures of her atm, there the same as on my project car thread but I know not everybody looks on there so thought I'd post them up here as well to have a look at :)

The latest dyno run gave me

DSC00686.jpg

286 bhp at the fly @ 4875 RPM

234 bhp at the wheels and

315 lbft at approx 4250 RPM

of which both figures are up since its had a bit more mapping and was RR last June :)

16032010065.jpg

16032010062.jpg

16032010067.jpg

16032010052.jpg

16032010051.jpg

16032010047.jpg

16032010045.jpg

16032010048.jpg

16032010071.jpg

16032010070.jpg

Sam.

jst a quick one dude... were did u get ur engine mounts from.

The one was supplied by psi tuning who i think get them straight from vf engineering, and the other (passenger side) was supplied by Regal who were an absolute lifesaver at GTI International last year when i split my oem mount in half :s lol

here are the latest pictures of her atm, there the same as on my project car thread but I know not everybody looks on there so thought I'd post them up here as well to have a look at :)

The latest dyno run gave me

DSC00686.jpg

286 bhp at the fly @ 4875 RPM

234 bhp at the wheels and

315 lbft at approx 4250 RPM

of which both figures are up since its had a bit more mapping and was RR last June :)

16032010065.jpg

16032010062.jpg

16032010067.jpg

16032010052.jpg

16032010051.jpg

16032010047.jpg

16032010045.jpg

16032010048.jpg

16032010071.jpg

16032010070.jpg

Sam.

Just read this thread. Great car & very impressive conversion.

Makes me want to get saving for a few years in order to afford something similar, because like yourself I would have to pay a garage for the conversion.

What wheels are you running? I fear it might be a stupid question, but I am new to the DUB world! :blush:

They look like Zender Turbo's to me. Very smart looking wheel !

correct :) had them quite a while now i keep getting tempted by something with some dish though :P

MY favourite car on the forum at the moment.

Looks the part, and has silly power to back it up

amazing.

Thank you very much :)i need moreeee power though im feeling, lol!

Sam.

Fantastic car. Looks great on the Zenders :)

I do like them but am getting more and more tempted by something wider with a dish on....

how have i missed this!!

TRUELY awesome!!!!

Love it!!!!!!

thank you :) i don't update this thread very often it normally hides in the project car section in tuning, but i decided to start updating this a bit more now :)

dunno if anyone can help me, im lookin at gettin some toyo r888's for international, might just put two on for the strip for the weekend :s but i can't decide on either 195's or 205's anyone got any ideas how these fit because i swore someone said they do come quite beefy for the sizes?? :huh: the wheels are 7" wide as well.

Thanks, Sam.

I'll look after the zenders if you want rid :P

One of my favourite sets of wheels on a lupo

they need a loving caring home thou..... can u provide, lol.

i just wish they were 8 inch not 7 thou :(

the Zenders do rock! They wernt polished enough imo at UD ;)

Saw your old bumper at greg howells the other week!

Still my favourite non gti :)

I know :( they'd been off the car for ages and i then realised that starting polishing at 7 pm the friday evening wasn't the best plan of attack :( the two backs are quite pitted and in need of a trip to the polishers I think, will get them sorted for international though :) if i had more time I reckon the fronts will come up a bit more. haha u likes poppin down there dont ya, lol. I keep thinking of things i really want done on the body.... might have to go and see him again i think :)

mmmmm..... broke another engine mounting again last night :(

part of the bolt has sheered off with the nut still attached on the drivers side. second time this has happened on this side now, engine just wants to escape :P lol! Apparently VF Engineering don't make an uprated mount for this one either :( soo its gonna just have to be another oem part for the time being. I'm gonna try and look round to see if i can't get something custom made fabricated, preferably with a thicker bolt i think!! unless anyone else has got any ideass??

10042010148.jpg

Sam.

mmmm... wat do folk reckon to the colour of my fog lights, i wanna tint them but i honestly can't decide wat way to go with them... either smoked of yellow like the headlights? im tempted to jus try nd film them first like the headlights, cant seem to find many picures of tinted fog lights anywhere :( if anyones got some tht's be cool? :)

Sam.

mmmmm..... broke another engine mounting again last night :(

part of the bolt has sheered off with the nut still attached on the drivers side. second time this has happened on this side now, engine just wants to escape :P lol! Apparently VF Engineering don't make an uprated mount for this one either :( soo its gonna just have to be another oem part for the time being. I'm gonna try and look round to see if i can't get something custom made fabricated, preferably with a thicker bolt i think!! unless anyone else has got any ideass??

10042010148.jpg

Sam.

Hi there i have been following this project and it looks great.

I'm building a 1.8 turbo lupo aswell in the netherlands.

Wich kind of engine mount did you use?

Is it an oem audi tt mount, I thougt I recognised the other mounton the gearbox side as a golf mk4 or audi tt oem mount, before you got the one from regal.

Is that correct.

What a great car you have.

Regards Ron

The netherlands

Hi there i have been following this project and it looks great.

I'm building a 1.8 turbo lupo aswell in the netherlands.

Wich kind of engine mount did you use?

Is it an oem audi tt mount, I thougt I recognised the other mounton the gearbox side as a golf mk4 or audi tt oem mount, before you got the one from regal.

Is that correct.

What a great car you have.

Regards Ron

The netherlands

Hiya Ron, great choice of conversion, you wont regret it :) Correct the passenger side mount, is a mk4 golf mount, think it was a 1.8t mount, the standard item just wasnt upto the job thou really, couldnt believe how light and flimsy they feel, if i was you i would definitely choose an uprated mount such as the VF one. Save changing it later on :)

The driver side is a mount off a seat ibiza tdi, im currently on the look out for an uprated mount on that side as from the picture you can see the problem.... :s lol

Sam.

• 2 months later...

Hey folks, Here is a some of the videos that i took at GTI International of a few quarter mile runs :) had better 0-60's this year, 4.89 was my best run and my best quarter mile was a little slower than last year at 13.7 sec. It was seriously hot there on saturday when I was there which was affecting performance more and more throughout the day. Boost kept on dropping off especially in forth and fifth gears :( I need water/meth injection I think :P

Video 1

video 2

Video 3

I have a few more vids that I will upload later on :)

Sam.

looked ace on the 1\4 at inters mate, i was hopeing to soo the car somewere so i could have a look at the mounts and get some pics for the guy thats gonna be doing mine lol

so instead of using custom mounts they modded the chassi legs to take the std 20vt mounts?