Black 1.8t 20v Lupo... 423 BHP

My_Names_Buck

I'm torn between euro and track car :s lol! I do like me zenders but am definitely getting some more racing orientated wheels just to stick on for when i do track days and sprintin as these are far from ideal with lickle 175 kumhos on! :(

cheers mate its always been my sort of aim to stay quite low key and have decided to resist the tempation of changing the colour to something that stands out when I get it sprayed as I like the stealhy understated black :) despite my mate keep telling me to change the colour, lol!

yea mate there is pleanty of pics on my project build thread HERE if you wanna take a look. I'm based near tamworth in the midlands but will be at e38 if your going to be there :)

i noticed that after id posted lol,im only by dudley so not too far away,ive had a look through the build thread but it dont help as much as seeing the car in the metal if you get me,

Track slag is where its at ;)

Euro is for the gays :)

how rude! :o abusing the euro, lol! nothing wrong wit a bit of euro if u ask me :) but then when it comes down to it which is more fun.....???? ;)

were did u get that cage from mate?

The company that fitted the cage sourced it for me form there suppliers I think but demontweeks do sell them, not sure where else sells them but I imagine there are other places that do supply them?? Might be worth giving the comany that fitted mine a ring if you are interested, ejm preperation they are called http://www.ejmpreparation.co.uk/ they did a top class job of fitting it :)

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a lickle something and the pictures arent the best but I thought id post it up anyway :) modified r8 oil cap arrived in the post yesterday, looks quite nice actually please excuse the photos taken at nyt on camera phone :s

007.jpg

008.jpg

sam.

YES please!

I think im developing a soft spot for your car :wub::lol: :lol:

God i need a 1.8t.

How long did PSI have it for?

hehe, mayb i could email you some more.... revealing pictures of her :P unseen and exclusive like, lol!

mmm it was down there for four months exactly. althou it was there over christmas so that was a few weeks not working on it, really couldnt wait to get her back towards the end!

Did you have to source your own engine then, or did they sort it all?

They sourced the engine for me, I was initially going to source my own engine and the phirm was going to do it but they had a waiting time of 11 months which was just to long for me to wait that was why I then got in contact with PSI and I was glad that I did :)

Very nice, just need some lightweight race type wheels, I'd get Speedline Turini's, and lose the notch in the bonnet. :D

Yea I know wheels are second on my list to do, firstly is bodywork which is something I've been wanting to do for about 2 years now :s lol! I will be having that attended to over the winter and then make sure I've got my lightweight wheels for next year. funnily enough I had actually been looking at those speedlines! lol!

cars looking good mate Do you have anything else planned..? k

mmmm next up is bodywork and a full respray I think something that is long overdue! lol! after that as said above I think new wheels just for any track and sprint use and then get some good use out of her :)

....... then more power I think :P

Sam.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated :)

wanna swap

Well i dunno i do miss my old 100bhp engine sometimes :( It was less likely to get me into trouble as well than it probably will now :s lol!

very nice, im sure this thing shifts well.

how are you finding the power/handling??

Yea it doesn't hang around! i will try nd mount a dash cam at some point to get a video up. The handling is still very gd especially with the cage in now as long as you dont get to heavy too soon on the right pedal while conering as otherwise it naturally just wants to pull you in a straight line! but throwin it into corners it hardly understeers and as long as your progressive with the power comin out of them it is fine :) A lot of people assume because of the extra weight of the engine that it will understeer like a pig but it really doesnt.

The only thing that is most noticeable especially now I have took the rear interior nd everything out under hard braking the back end does wiggle around a bit and wants to be over taking the front end :s

With the cage now in and a full tank of fuel and fluids the car weighs in at 1 tonne dead. Its now pushin just a bit over 270bhp which gives a nice easy figure of about 270bhp per tonne :)

But..... I want more power, lol! :P

You can never have enough power! LoL.

I took my Scoob out for a blast to warm up the engine and CAT (it was MOT time. It passed :D). Just to hear the DV then looking at the speed.... it was a good job I was heading into a 60 road :lol: