FAO Tigz...

Just wanted to let you and others know, there is now a VW double DIN CD headunit that plays MP3 CD's. It was fitted to the Polo GTI I test drove at the weekend and its in the brochure, I'll have a gander and look for its model number when I get the chance.

I have a sneaky suspicion it won't fit in to the loop though...

No john, believe it or not its (or at least appears to be) a straight fit. The sat nav option on the current Polo is our trusty MCD, with the standard fitment being the VW Double DIN CD Mp3 player. I had a good look and there doesn't appear to be any size issue, as with the ones in the rest of the range.

wow really. now that would be something I would like. Mp3 cds rule my music world in the car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

if someone could get the model number that would be great

Edited by syphon123

o yes. I know what I'll be buying then. does it look any good? not seen it and threw the brochure away last week. Any chance of a scan of the page?

fantastic. Right time to ring VW and find out a model number me thinks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

*UPDATE*

job done

VW part number is 6Q0 057 152A

£350

fit standard double DIN slot smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think I feel an impusle purchase coming on hehe

Edited by syphon123

• 3 weeks later...
fantastic. Right time to ring VW and find out a model number me thinks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

*UPDATE*

job done

VW part number is 6Q0 057 152A

?350

fit standard double DIN slot smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think I feel an impusle purchase coming on hehe

Be careful of that unit. Although the literature says it plays MP3s, the few Polo bods with them are finding that they seem to only play WMAs. If you are buying one, do so with the agreement that you can return if it you also encounter this.

Deek.

Be careful of that unit. Although the literature says it plays MP3s, the few Polo bods with them are finding that they seem to only play WMAs. If you are buying one, do so with the agreement that you can return if it you also encounter this.

Deek.

Cheers for the info, and welcome to the forum. Got some links to threads so we can take a look?

Theres at least one new Polo GTI owner on Tyresmoke so I'll ask how they are getting on with it.

I have no idea what an amp is, so sorry, I can't help you. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You'll have to wait for Tigz to stop watching Lost or something. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

May be speaking out of my backside here but bear with me.

Would this unit work in a Lupo?

The new VW's all have the CANBUS system which has a lot to do with the wiring of the car which may or may not affect the steroes ability to work in a car that does not have CANBUS.

Like I say I could be speaking tripe,

But some of you technical bods may know better, before someone splashes out.

The Lupo, or at very least the GTI, has canbus. As far as I know.

Edited to say, I might be getting CANBUS confused with GALA, so now I don't know.

Edited by AndyW

The Lupo, or at very least the GTI, has canbus. As far as I know.

I did say I could be speaking tripe. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

I did say I could be speaking tripe. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

As might I be, see my edited post. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers for the info, and welcome to the forum. Got some links to threads so we can take a look?

Theres at least one new Polo GTI owner on Tyresmoke so I'll ask how they are getting on with it.

It seems that a revised version has been issued that does actually play MP3s. I haven;t been able to track down either a model name or part number, yet, though...

Source:

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/viewtopic.php?t=22332 << about halfway down that thread.

Deek.

Right, bought one of these an RCD 200 out of the new Polo.

Got it yesterday and need a bit of help.

As suspected the Polo has canbus and the plugs in the back of the unit are totally different (ie not ISO) I think the new Golfs etc take the same leads.

I have done some digging and you can get and adapter/ simulator for the MFD2 which basically converts the analogue signal to something that the unit would recognise,like can-bus.

Can-bus Simulator MFD2

So the question is would this work or is there one available for the RCD200.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Bluloop

• 10 months later...

Hey Mate,

How did you get on with the RCD200 in the end? I've got the non-MP3 one in my fox. I can't find specs anywhere and wondered if it was possible to add bits like more speakers without changing it out?

Many Thanks!

Robster

If anyone works out how to fit these into a Lupo I'd definately be putting one in mine. Really want an OEM headunit beacuse I think the Lupo dash is quality and a aftermarket headunit will ruin it imo.