Bluloops Raven GTI - Bye Bye GTI 28/1 :(

Mr ColinG

gorgeous chum. love it. how much did ur centres cost. want to get some flush ones for mine. cleaning polished rs's must b a giggle lol!!

glen

gorgeous chum. love it. how much did ur centres cost. want to get some flush ones for mine. cleaning polished rs's must b a giggle lol!!

glen

I will PM you.

They are a nightmare, think i will have to take them off again and redo them, after the run to Telford and back they are all dull :angry2:

• 3 weeks later...

Little update, upgraded the brakes, 280mm drilled discs on the front, new carriers, greenstuff pads and goodridge hoses.

Grooved discs going on the rear with greenstuff pads and goodridge hoses.

2008-04-07Brakes001.jpg

Little update, upgraded the brakes, 280mm drilled discs on the front, new carriers, greenstuff pads and goodridge hoses.

Grooved discs going on the rear with greenstuff pads and goodridge hoses.

2008-04-07Brakes001.jpg

Gorgous car..

How did you get on with attaching the break hoses to the existing unions? I have have a set going to put them on when I change the pads/disks next.

Also how are you planning on fitting the rear lines as I have heard that they dont fit with unions? I suppose final questions is have you noted the difference?

Honestly say I havnt seen a paint work that looks in such good nick for a daily driver. Mines black so I have no chance but I do try lol.. :lol:

Rye

Nice mod. Interesting you got the hoses on as from reading other threads I was under the assumption they didn't fit very easily?

Beat me to it Colin, just about to update my readers ride. :shades:

Looking good as usual though :blush:

Gorgous car..

How did you get on with attaching the break hoses to the existing unions? I have have a set going to put them on when I change the pads/disks next.

Also how are you planning on fitting the rear lines as I have heard that they dont fit with unions? I suppose final questions is have you noted the difference?

Honestly say I havnt seen a paint work that looks in such good nick for a daily driver. Mines black so I have no chance but I do try lol.. :lol:

Rye

Goodridge hoses went straight on, hevent done the rears yet so cant comment on them.

Havent really run the car yet but seems to be much improved.

Cheers for all the comments. :)

Good luck doing the rears..... they dont fit.

I havent done mine yet, but i have all the stuff to do it with, you need a pipe flaring tool and cutter, a banjo with a male thread that matches the hose, and a female union for the rigid part of the pipe with a male-male union to connect the two together.

Pain in the arse!

John

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck doing the rears..... they dont fit.

I havent done mine yet, but i have all the stuff to do it with, you need a pipe flaring tool and cutter, a banjo with a male thread that matches the hose, and a female union for the rigid part of the pipe with a male-male union to connect the two together.

Pain in the arse!

John

Yep.

Did the rears tonight, god knows what the hoses in the goodridge kit are for :confused: Left the original ones on, but new grooved discs and greenstuff pads all round :)

Bad news rear offside shocker is leaking :( Good news I can bring forward the plan to replace the coilovers with something decent :D

Yep.

Did the rears tonight, god knows what the hoses in the goodridge kit are for :confused: Left the original ones on, but new grooved discs and greenstuff pads all round :)

Bad news rear offside shocker is leaking :( Good news I can bring forward the plan to replace the coilovers with something decent :D

look awesome :D you finding much improvement with them?

must be catching from the santa pod weekend...as ive shot my rear shock too :( gutted!

Yep.

Yeah rear pipes are a pain in the arse! youd have to cut in to the system to make it fit. I think ive got all i need to do it, but havent got the manhod to go and cut up the original brake lines to fit these new ones!

just a case of getting the unions to fit, and a long neck banjo. still not sure if i have the right bits! oh, and flaring the end of the pipe, or putting an olive on it and clamping it up. Its probably about an hours worth of work id think.

Cut just before the swaged bit on this picture, and either flare the end of the pipe and put a male-male connector inline to connect the two ends:

P1030230.jpg

Then get the banjo and banjo bolt with a long neck and a 30 degree kink in it to go on the other end and I think thats all youd need!

P1030231.jpg

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Those short hoses are for under the rear beam, stick your head under the car and have alook.

You carnt flare the steel pipe, just copper.

Best way to do is get hoses made with a banjo at the caliper end run the hose all the way along the beam to where the steel pipe is connected at the other end.

Or you could buy the MK4 Golf rear disc brake kit, which have the banjo and female connector at the other end, they are about 10 inches long so make the rest up using copper.

Or use Aeroquip braided hose and screw in fittings and make them yourself.

:confused:

Personaly im going for option 1 :thumbsup:

Sorry to spam your thread Colin, but i hope this can benefit everybody. :blink:

I'm off to read your boot handle thread now :coffee:

Sweet Dude, or come by on tuesday to a eastside meet as im usually out these days.

I do go now and again, but Tuesday is not always the best day for me , will see what i can do.

• 2 weeks later...

As it is now out on general sale, I thought I would update with some of the pics that I took at the PVW shoot, I hope PVW's photos are better :lol:

2008-04-14pvw005.jpg

2008-04-14pvw009.jpg

2008-04-14pvw013.jpg

2008-04-14pvw014.jpg

2008-04-14pvw018.jpg

2008-04-14pvw021.jpg

2008-04-14pvw024.jpg

Edited by Bluloop