GTI Curious little changes

ludo

Actually, time to come clean guys.

I do not have GTi. It's actually a 1.0l and slowly but surely I've added every part to make it a GTi. It has cost me over £33,000 so far (proper VW parts you understand...) but I am almost there. Just scrapping together the last £2 for the 'proper' badges.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Could it be the GTIs with the red I are the faster ones, and if they havnt got the red I they are under power? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yes, that's also right. I'm currently running at 37BHP. With NOS laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

PS: Mine has GTi badge keys bleh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bleh:" border="0" alt="bleh.gif" />

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, what have I started??? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

My key has GTI on it. My I is red. My struts are silver. My mats are press studdy. I have a button. My plate is Y. I have damped handles.

But why have I got a dampled handle on my side of the car?? I can't grab it whilst I'm driving?!!!! If I hang a suit on it I can't see!

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good lord, what have I started??? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

My key has GTI on it. My I is red. My struts are silver. My mats are press studdy. I have a button. My plate is Y. I have damped handles.

But why have I got a dampled handle on my side of the car?? I can't grab it whilst I'm driving?!!!! If I hang a suit on it I can't see!

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

take it off and put a sunglasses holder there instead lol!

Could this also be another difference?

My car has a alloy boot! my bro in law got a gti boot off ebay and that is also alloy!

My car is a 2001 and the boot my bro in law got his from is also a 2001, but there is some peeps saying there boot is steel?

Did the early GTIs have the alloy boot?

Theres one guy saying it isnt alloy, and even he is not sure.....

unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I am not an imposter. unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I've got chrome bonnet and boot struts

Pop in mats front and rear

1.6 16v on the valve cover

damped handles

GTi on key

Red 'I' on GTi

2003 ' 03 GTi smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by LupoGirlRacer

Wheres Adam K when you need him?

His car, ex-mine, has holes for a rear pop out screen ..... and no GTI on the key

or pollen filter!

But they aint "black chrome" wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No, they're chrome as in shiny silver, the rest of the casing is black - rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No, they're chrome as in shiny silver, the rest of the casing is black - rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

So what relevance has that to a gti?

Black chrome handles and black surround=GTI

Silver chrome handles and black surround = EL budgito models laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> also found on Al,s fake GTI

Edited by dub-love

So what relevance has that to a gti?

Black chrome handles and black surround=GTI

Silver chrome handles and black surround = EL budgito models laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> also found on Al,s fake GTI

Sorry but black chrome is silly - chrome should be shiny silver, it's like getting the VW heritage and slapping it in the face!

Hi All,

I've just read all the comments with interest.

My 04 Silver GTI has a mixture of most of the items,

GTI on engine cover

GTI on key ( although a second key was ordered recently and came without )

Black chrome handles inside

Red I on GTI badges

Un-damped black grab handles - where can I damped ones? ( no sunroof )

Black boot and bonnet gas struts

Black boot lock ( inside ) and black plastic on door lock loops ( on the body )

Mats - twist to lock

The strangest thing though, that nobody so far has commented on, is the BROWN ashtray cover.

Anybody else got this? I was hoping to change it for black but it doesn't look an easy job to change - any ideas?

Chris

The strangest thing though, that nobody so far has commented on, is the BROWN ashtray cover.

Anybody else got this? I was hoping to change it for black but it doesn't look an easy job to change - any ideas?

Chris

yep my GTi has this too really annoys me sometimes!!