GTI Curious little changes

ludo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piping yes! Clip down in the rear - what's all that about? My fron ones are like a press stud thingy but the new ones seem to have a little push and turn handle thing??

Later Lupo's have the push/twisty things where as earlier ones have just the push stud fitment. I have no idea when they introduced the rear clips as the age of the car seemingly has no relevance - I seem to remember from last time we had a mat topic.

i have clip down rear mats too!!

mine doesn't have the switch to turn off the ultrasonic sensor.

mine came with a leatherette gear gaitor, but is leather now (thanks warranty!)

my grab handles are damped in mine too!!

mine doesn't have the switch to turn off the ultrasonic sensor.

Ah, I forgot about this gizmo. I have one. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ah, I forgot about this gizmo. I have one. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Me too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm assuming you mean the little button to turn off the internal sensors on the alarm if you want to leave children/pets/Big Chris in your car & lock it?

If so, I have one... errr four.

Yes.... but you have four buttons?!

I'm assuming you mean the little button to turn off the internal sensors on the alarm if you want to leave children/pets/Big Chris in your car & lock it?

why would you want to leave me in your car??

and why are you giving me those leather gloves and that club hammer? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Me too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
me three tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I do *not* have four buttons.

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I do *not* have four buttons.

Maybe you should have an English test too. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just to add to this topic.

I got around to changing the red leather gear stick gator today (after 4 months)

And despite everyone telling me its not standard! It bloody is! it even has a VW part number on it???? confused............. i am!

53 plate gti, red "i", damped handles, twisty clips on mats, alarm sensor button, gti on the engine cover, black boot and bonnet lifters and a non leather gear gaitor....i think thats it! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Dub love...Whats this about a red gaitor?

My GTI had a red leather gator! And it has VW part numbers printed in the inside?

Just to add! BMC on air filter wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> button for alarm sensors, leather gear knob & hand brake, dampened handles did have a red I, Chrome boot and tail gate lifters, res stitching on seats, black stitching on s/wheel, line on drivers mirror!

Edited by dub-love

I have the dampened grab handles, no sunroof so dont know if having the sunroof makes a difference as to whether to handles are dampened or not.

I have the red stitching on the steering wheel i think

I have the red I badges

Another difference i remember is that mines got the little vertical line on the drivers wing mirror where as some dont.

How strange all these differences confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Edit to say mines also got the clip on mats and the alarm sensor button, although i thought all the GTI's had this button confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

There are some bizarre differences. The red gaitor has got to be best change, especially on a red lupo.

Mine also doesn't have a sunroof, so im not sure why it has the dampened handles?

So we have established my car is a freek with it's non red 'I'. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

*******FOR SALE RED LEATHER GAITOR ULTRA RARE********* wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So we have established my car is a freek with it's non red 'I'. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not a freek just "CHEAP" laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Not a freek just "CHEAP" laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yes, that's right. 99% of VW's profit margin comes from the red 'I'. Dam, I was ripped off.

And it's Syphon123's car with the off centre badge - sorry, I couldn't remember earlier. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />