GTI Curious little changes

ludo

Al, you may want to change your sig so the "gti" part features a black "i" and not a red one, you imposter! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Adam

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, you may want to change your sig so the "gti" part features a black "i" and not a red one, you imposter! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I wondered how long it would be before someone said anything. Dam, I've been rumbled! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I seem to recall, last time this came up, that the rear mats in the GTI were supposed to be fixed down somehow, but that the job of fitting the clips into the carpet was left up to the dealer, hence it was almost never done.

I got a set of clips that screwed into the carpet from VW for a couple of quid, and hey presto - no more wandering rear mats!

Yes, that's right. 99% of VW's profit margin comes from the red 'I'. Dam, I was ripped off.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I would ask for a red I at the dealer, just let them know your getting picked on! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yes I think I remember this too.

I have 2 spare sets now, 1 push-fit and 1 twist-fit - one left over from a set of mats I bought for the Sport, which already had them in the car (!) and another set that came with the mats that VW had to order because the branch the car came from stole them! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I would ask for a red I at the dealer, just let them know your getting picked on! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

lol I might just do that!

Al, good lad for changing that, least your being true to yourself and not pretending to be something you aren't laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Al, good lad for changing that, least your being true to yourself and not pretending to be something you aren't laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who said my name is Al?! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Who said my name is Al?! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And who said he was the one who changed it? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Theres me assuming again, i forgot about your super mod powers (i shall not assume again, i shall not assume again, i shall not assume again...)

Yes, that's right. 99% of VW's profit margin comes from the red 'I'. Dam, I was ripped off.

And it's Syphon123's car with the off centre badge - sorry, I couldn't remember earlier. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yep, twas me with the weird placing for the GTi badge. happy to say I moved it back to original place now. mine has a red I smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> front and back.

O I thought of another one btw.

My key is different to Jens. Her's has a GTI badge on it, mine doesnt. A 52 plate raven blue one had this GTI key aswell that we went to see the other week. I WANT A GTI KEY!!

Edited by syphon123

mine has got a gti key!

am i the only gti owner without the ultrasonic button?!

as for the mats, the ones that came with my car have got the stud cap fixings, but the second set i bought don't have any provision for fixing them down in the back at all! weird!

also, i may well soon (fingers crossed), have a red cam cover top tommorrow, when i hopefully get my car back from work!

both ours have the ultrasonic button.

My mats has the twist lock front fixiings but nothing in the back. I know Jens has push lock studs on the front, will have to check the rears for fixings.

What's all this about damped grab handles - what's all that about? Are they black? If they'e so good, I want some! Part numbers?????

when you let go of the handle is glides back to its park position, whereas some (mine included angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> ) just snap back up

when you let go of the handle is glides back to its park position, whereas some (mine included angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> ) just snap back up

I want some!!!!! Well I have grey handles so if they're black that's even better! If anyone knows part numbers please post!

yep black chrome handles are present on both cars smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yep, my inside door pull handle thingys are black chrome too, as is the button for my handbrake.

My 75bhp Polo had damped grab handles!

VX doesn't have grab handles at all, ironically biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm surprised we don't get more threads asking what the ultrasonic disabling button does - when I had the Ibiza every other bloody post on the forum was about that damn button laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm surprised we don't get more threads asking what the ultrasonic disabling button does - when I had the Ibiza every other bloody post on the forum was about that damn button laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I wanted to ask that but thought I'd sound silly not knowing what both that was and damping handles......