Alright

Dblock

On the 1.0 thing. Hannah's had hers for 6 years now, and we still don't find it too painful to drive! I bring it to work from time to time (115 miles each way) and it's fine.

On the not declaring mods thing, I'm going to sound not very friendly here. I fyou (or anyone else) drove into to me and I discovered you (they) weren't insured, you (they) would be eating through a straw for a VERY long time! It's out of order, plain and simple. The reason all of our premiums are higher is because of uninsured drivers. Not declaring your mods to your insurance company means you are uninsured, NOT under-insured!

So, my suggestion is, get a 1.0L, maybe do a couple of things if you're desperate, but you really want to keep those costs down for at least the first year, after which you'll have a nice fat 30% discount which you can use to offset the extra costs of a faster/more modded car.

And by the way, welcome to CL !!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you buy a 1.0, just put a decent head unit in and maybe uprate the speakers..no point doing anything drastic to it cause its not worth it...

with it being your first car think of the resale value of the car, when you want to upgrade to a slightly more powerful motor...if youve drastically changed the appearence of the car then your not going to get anything near of what you could sell the car for if it was standard(ish).

god i sound like an old man.... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by andyp

Cool, I have thought about the quiksilver but its the same as the lupo 75bhp with more expensive insurance.

I might not put alloys on it or i might just declaire them. I woudn't drastically change it. No de badging or anything just alloys and im set. Maybe a nce pair or 16" BBS....

I might not put alloys on it or i might just declaire them. I woudn't drastically change it. No de badging or anything just alloys and im set. Maybe a nce pair or 16" BBS....

I not sure if we are getting through. unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

If you do not declare mods YOU ARE NOT INSURED, simple as that. thumbdown.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbdown:" border="0" alt="thumbdown.gif" />

Where about in Scotland are you so we know where to steer clear when you start driving your uninsured car. swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

Edited by Bluloop

In summary, declare everything and if it's too expensive buy something small-engined and with a low insurance group like we all had to do. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you don't declare everything, your insurance is null and void. You're covered for a car you don't own. What's the difference between telling them you've got different wheels etc, and telling them a different numberplate, or engine size, or model of car? They're all akin to each other (especially to the insurance company who will do ANYTHING to get out of paying out), and they all invalidate your insurance.

look at the end of the day, all we are saying is if you put stuff onto your car, whichever one u decide on, then please declare them.

example:

just think if somebody smacked into you whilst driving about one day. damaged the car enough for it to be an insurance job then u found out that they didnt have insurance and so couldnt pay... what would your reaction be... p***** off is what u would be.

thats the point that we are making.

Steve read what i put again and read it propperly...

IT DOESNT VOID ANY DAMAGE TO THIRD PARTIES...

They wont pay out for the criminal in the picture (the modified-non-declaired driver) but they will pay out for the victim regardless of any modifications declaired or not!

I did read what you said. But if your insurance is invalid, the company has no liability to the third party, and so to claim, said third party would have to persue other means.

What, like I used to?? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

LMAO...I wouldn't - I'm full of crap!! Lol wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And I won't make suggestions as to alternative nicknames - I'm not THAT stupid!! he he

So are we all agreed if you dont declare mods your not insured.

Its just I have a little St Andrews cross badge on the boot and I havent declared it and now im worried. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

...On the not declaring mods thing, I'm going to sound not very friendly here. I fyou (or anyone else) drove into to me and I discovered you (they) weren't insured, you (they) would be eating through a straw for a VERY long time! It's out of order, plain and simple. The reason all of our premiums are higher is because of uninsured drivers...

Jeez... you have a way with words stevevx!

Welcome to the forum, just get insured properly!

Silver!

stevevx... roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

£1000 pounds seems a lot...is this with aftermarket wheels or standard alloys?? have a look at www.confused.com mate and see if any better deals.

also nobody is directly having a go at you mate, just trying to help you out.

Welcome to the club young chappy

At least you have good taste for your age

Not into Paxos blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good man, im sure youll find a nice loop for sale when the time comes

T

Forgot to add....

My insurance know about all 3 sets of wheels for my car

They specifically wanted sizes of wheels,tyres,the make etc

I never worry because im covered so its worth declaring if your gona go for aftermarket mods

T

all you need are some shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> and change your name to m6feztoarosagti or whatever

As I said, go looking for a 1.0 or 1.4 SE as it came with alloys as standard if you have your heart set on a Lupo.

Or if you are saving up for a Cupra R then get something basic like a Ka or Fiesta for a few years and build up your NCB. No shame in having a basic car for your first one.

No shame in having a basic car for your first one.

Agreed. I'm still waiting to get a cool car, and I'm 32!!! Lmao

...and I'm 44!

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ah but then you also have a bike so that says it all.

A ka nah definatly getting a lupo. I think what i would do then is keep my car stock for the 1st year, then second year i will have 1 years ncb then gets some mental bbs alloys. Just one more question are the normal head units in lupos double din or single din?