Alright

Dblock

Alright Club Lupo members,

I have joined the site now as i am pretty sure i want a 1.4 Lupo. Im 16 at the moment my birthdays in May so hopefully i can get one round about then.

The reason i want a Lupo is its only £1300 on my name and thats the 1st year of me driving. Yaris was an option but their forums where a bit rubbish. They dont tune or style their cars and their all a bit la de da. Anyways i though German build quality is usually better. I will be around the forums anyways picking up advice and ideas.

So any1 selling ur 1.4 Lupo in May tell me budget is is roughly £2500

Any1 selling deep dish or superlegras once i got my lupo tell me aswell.

Cheers

Daood

Edited by Daood

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evenin' welcome to the forum mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> if your after cheap insurance , do a pass plus course ( ask your driving instructor about it ) and you should get about 25% off of your insurance wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

evenin' welcome to the forum mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> if your after cheap insurance , do a pass plus course ( ask your driving instructor about it ) and you should get about 25% off of your insurance wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Weclome, but not all insurance places do discount for pass pluss, reason why i didnt do it!

Welcome, as with others on here I started with an old car on 3rd party to build up my NCB before moving onto a newer car. To be honest £1300 is quite cheap for a 1.4 at 17 I was more than that for a 600cc car at that age!

We paid £1600 for the 1.0 with no NCD when my missus was 19.

Very cheap price indeed.

Not much diffrence between the 75bhp 1.4 and the 1.0, defanatly go for the 1400 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Welcome to the forum!

You've got me in stitches about the German cars are more reliable than Toyotas comment though, thats really funny!

To be fair Andy he did say 'build quality' not 'reliability' but I know what you mean smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah i know but i love all German cars Bmw's mercs Porsche's VW. All jap cars just seem to be flimsy. My mum drives a civic ands its like a tin can slam the doors it falls apart where as my dads boxster the dooors are super chunky.

I was gonna get a yaris and i was so what can i do to tune it, They were like no tuning is bad. Insurance goes up. Thats the only reason i was gonna get a toyta cos you are ment to be able to mod them to hell for super cheap.

i thought about the 1litre but parkers said it might be a little under powered for motorway driving and i might be doing a bit of that. I wanted the 100bhp lupo but i cant find them in my price range only the 75bhp Lupo doesnt matter with an inducton kit, manifold and exhust i might be able to get about 10bhp is that about right.

ive done some long motorway journeys in the 1 litre and its fine for that, i find its a bit underpowered for normal driving but i have never found it a major problem. its a damn site better than my first cars.

it will probably work out cheaper buying the 100bhp model than modyfying the lower speced car

i dont know loops that well bu 10bhp sounds optimistic, id want proof before wasting money

have just seen a thread in the tuning section on the 1.4 75hp

Edited by jiminy

To be fair Andy he did say 'build quality' not 'reliability' but I know what you mean smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Fair enough yeah, I misquoted. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I love German cars too, but I'd say the only one to pip Toyota on build quality is Porsche. I have to say, I've been in the new Civic and the last and they were both very very well screwed together, much better than any current VW.

Have you got insurance quotes for your mods, I'm sure they'll be very pleased to take your call. "Oh sir, 17 and you'd like to mod your car, that'll be fine, could you please pull your trousers down and bend over."

lol, i wasnt atually planning on telling them cos if i put no standard alloyes on even from vm my qoute goes up by about 1500

LOL. Welcome to the real world.

yes i know but i need to put alloys on it, lower it and put a sound system in so even if i didnt do anything performance wise which i might not if i get a 75bhp now.

You don't have to. If you want to mod your car, your first car, you'll pay through the nose. Save the cash and save it for another day, get something cheap and slow but good fun. Statistically speaking you'll fool it in the first year anyway. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lol, i wasnt atually planning on telling them cos if i put no standard alloyes on even from vm my qoute goes up by about 1500

If you do any mods and dont declare them you would be as well not insuring it, as Andy says buy cheap 1st build up your no claims then get something bigger/ better and start thinking about mods, god I sound like my dad. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Any hoo whichever Lupo you get, it wont matter as they are all great little cars shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

My first car was a 900cc Polo, biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

By the way welcome.

As you can already tell this sort of thing doesn't go down well here as we dont want Lupo drivers to be tarred with the same brush as Corsa's and Saxo's where uninsured mods are well known.

If your heart is really set on a small car with alloys and lowered then why not go and buy one that is factory standard like that? Say a Fiat Seicento Sporting, 106 Quiksilver or Clio 16v. Something like this will probably be also cheaper to run and youare more likly to get tuning parts for these than a Lupo.

If your heart is really set on a Lupo (and why not) then might I suggest an 'SE' model rather than an 'S' as they came with alloys as standard and therfor you wouldn't have to 'mod' your car with some crappy aftermarket wheels.

*** Edited as I didn't realise my wireless keyboard's batterys are dying and letters were missed out all over the place!" ***

Edited by aberdeen_dj

yabba yabba yabba
Agreed with everything he said.

I call it 'Flintstones Logic'

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />