HELP asap

little becky

and adam k i normally and responsable it was a mistake

so martin do u need the log book? or would they accept the bit i ahve 2 say im the new owner and a reciept for the car?

v5 = logbook.

not really sure why u want to go that route though.

it's cheaper to smash the window and replace it.

Edited by Adam K

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do decide the break the window, DO NOT smash the middle of the pane, you will end up with glass everywhere. Break the seal in the corner and it should spiderweb, then carefully (with gloves on) remove the sections that are still inplace. Minimun glass in the car this way.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

or the green slip from previous owner if u haven't got that yet

just get them to do a basic key that will open the car for now, also giving you a spare, maybe have it coded to work at a later date, cost for basic key shud be around £40 - £45 i think

don't smash the window either, as it will cost u to have a new window BONDED back in, which i know at my work's bodyshop costs around £60 out and £60 back in

Smash the window then claim it on your insurance... £50 excess. Job done, and it don't affect your insurance. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good luck what ever you do...

my sister done this with her lupo call a locksmith from the yellow pages and ask them if they can do it, the rac gave her a number from the yellow pages. its about £70 if i remember right tht includes a new key tht will open the doors but will need coded to start the car. sorry i cnt help anymore lol Dave

so whats the black plastic one do then that i got when i bought my car???

emergency key!!! lol!!! to keep in ur wallet in case u lock ur keys in the car!

I'm not sure myself how to do it but the lupo should suffer from the same 'watchdog problem' as other vag cars. there is a way of opening the electric windows without a key, im not sure if it would damage the lock barrel. if anyone knows maybe they could pm?

otherwise what lupogtiboy says, you can get a basic key that will open the doors but not start the car.

v5 = logbook.

not really sure why u want to go that route though.

it's cheaper to smash the window and replace it.

oh and ask bigchris how much hassle he had getting a lupo gti window for his mate! lol

I thought u need the key number which is one a black plastic tag with the keys when the car is new to get a key cut.

Would probably be best to get a key cut and then get it coded later on (if thats possible) and you will then have a spare which is always handy to have smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Not hijacking the post, but was I meant to get a black plastic key with the car? (I think I've asked this before but no answer?)

Hopefully you'll know Martin. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That easy to get in lupo's! **** me! think im gonna de lock mine! If someone broke into the car tonight i think they would be very confused with whats going on with they keys in the boot! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />