GTi T's Lupo Gti With Compomotive MO's UPDATED PICS PAGE 7April updated pics page 9....BBS RM's now on

Tigz™

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ mike m and a few others

The Avons are flippin awesome tyres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In wet or dry they are extremely grippy

Goodyear Eagle F1's, Toyo Proxes and these Avon ZZ3's i dont know which are better though, theyve all seemed very good confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

T

Well, Rally cars use them as they are ultra strong.

I wouldn't say they were light, never mind superlight.

MO 15" 18.9lbs

Ronal Turbos 18lbs

BBS RA 15" 15lbs

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I was always under the impression that they were really light. Is it the OZ 5 spokes which are the really light ones??

Anyway, they look awesome so it doesnt matter biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I was always under the impression that they were really light. Is it the OZ 5 spokes which are the really light ones??

Anyway, they look awesome so it doesnt matter biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The weight figure that Tigz posted, is this without the tyre? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Mine are 16" MO's 5 spoke and without the tyres they are extremely light

In all honesty, these wheels look shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> but i do think that 15" are still the best size for the Lupo which is why i still have my Ronal Turbo's and RH Classics.

Thanks again penry for your kind comment

Edited by GTi T

Yes, thats without the tyres.

They were a motor sport wheel, so very very strong.

Obviously strength normally adds a few pounds.

Who cares though, they look cool.

Apart from if youre using carbon fibre (not on wheels obviously) tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

cheers Andi smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They rock. As most of you realise I am not really into the Euro look wheels thing, I think these are the best wheels Tom has...one of the best wheels I have seen on a Gti in fact.

They rock. As most of you realise I am not really into the Euro look wheels thing, I think these are the best wheels Tom has...one of the best wheels I have seen on a Gti in fact.

Cheers Darren, please get some for yours in black!!!!Your car would look so mean!!! It can go with the sound of your TB's!!!!

You are my hero. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ta very much again biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

looks great mate, loving the subtle improvements you've made to an already good car

Thanks for another nice comment, think ive stopped now with adding things and wheels on my car lol

Yes, ok Tom wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

LOL i have honest Andi smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Had these refurbed(polish rim again) back in October last year by ProClean in St Helens, been in storage since, not seen any daylight so will be going back on when Summer comes.

39e8e5d7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by GTi T

Loving the white white Comp's and loving the refurbed classics even more! and what do you use to make the paint on your car look like a mirror? Its gleaming! Keep up the good work.

Loving the white white Comp's and loving the refurbed classics even more! and what do you use to make the paint on your car look like a mirror? Its gleaming! Keep up the good work.

Cheers Adam

I used good old Meguiars on it about 3 weeks ago now

Just had a normal wash and chamois down before i took the pics this time

Meguiars is very good stuff, seems to last and last, car had been washed about 5 times since i applied the polish and still turns out like this.

Tom

What Meguiars is it? I've got the Gold Class but i find it to be very sticky and quite hard to polish off. Unless im putting too much on? So i don't really use it, i just stick to the Colour Magic.

What Meguiars is it? I've got the Gold Class but i find it to be very sticky and quite hard to polish off. Unless im putting too much on? So i don't really use it, i just stick to the Colour Magic.

I use the Gold Class stuff yeah

I dont know if it would be down to putting too much on, not shaking the bottle enough or just the general temperature outside when your applying it confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Try it again though and see

Whats that colour magic stuff mate?

Tom

Its made by Turtle Wax, its a coloured polish, so you can get blue, red, black etc. I might have a go with the Meg's at the weekend, i must be doing it wrong if you can get that finish! I'll keep you posted on the results.

the trick with meguirs is not to let it dry. then its an absolute bitch to get off. do a panel at a time, and sometimes even split that into two parts. like the roof or bonnet.

Its made by Turtle Wax, its a coloured polish, so you can get blue, red, black etc. I might have a go with the Meg's at the weekend, i must be doing it wrong if you can get that finish! I'll keep you posted on the results.

Cheers for that mate, put some piccies up once youve done !

Thought id add another pic of my car from a bit ago as i dont think ive put up any shots with a front end view before

326d2f9d.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by GTi T

mmm looks stunning wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> and woooooooo meguires rules wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> love the stuff its amazing!!! hehe

Jen x

• 1 month later...

Update June 2006....looks like summer is finally here so the RH's have gone back on

RHsonLuposummer2006003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

RHsonLuposummer2006004.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

RHsonLuposummer2006005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

RHsonLuposummer2006006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

RHsonLuposummer2006002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Sweet as a nutt mate. Love those wheels they look sweet. The mo's are hot but these are just something different. Good work,hopefully see you around Manchester. Nice job.

Chris