1.4 Turbo Kit

Tigz™

http://www.t-t-p.de/german/vw_lupo.php

Turbo-kit VOLKSWAGEN Lupo the concept of the Lupo connects the requirements, which is to fulfill today an automobile up-to-date in ideal form.

The already in series considerable road performances coin/shape the sporty character of the Lupo.

If the basis achievement is raised however by 75PS on 120PS, develops a vehicle with sporty qualities and road performances, which are unique in this class.

TTP turbo-kit VOLKSWAGEN Lupo 1,4 the turbo-system for the VOLKSWAGEN Lupo 1,4 16V, developed by us, consists of attachments, which can be installed without change in the body in approx. 8h in the vehicle.

Without changes in the engine interior life we did, since the basic construction of the engine permits a turbo-loading easily. Our experience of many years in the building of turbo engines makes it possible that despite the low reequipping price the quality on highest level remains.

Performance diagram TTP VOLKSWAGEN Lupo 1,4 turbo the standard engine electrical NIC is supplemented around one to September-guess/advise pressure sensor with electronics, and all characteristic data necessary for a turbo-enterprise reprograms. T

he turbo-re-equipment does not have to take place with us in the house. Qualified dealers and/or workshops are able to install the kit after guidance.

Technical data: Achievement: 88 KW (120 HP)/4980 torque: 192 Nm/3700 load pressure: 0,42 bar of acceleration: 0-100 8.9 seconds. V/max: 193 km/h change time: 8 hours

lupo_kit.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

lupo_dia.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Dont forget those internals though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> How much is the kit ???? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Does this fit on the sport ?? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> me like Edited by luposteve

• 6 months later...
But sort out the internals and turn up the boost biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i did one a couple of years ago, i bought a set of forged pistons from accralite which were over £500, and i had a set of i beam conrods made which were about £850...

then i had to get the turbo reworked for higher boost levels, and at this level of boost the exhaust valves are getting overworked becuase they aren't deisgned for turbocharged engines (extra heat!) so i had to get a set of stainless steel ones from sorg motorsport in germany, the valves took about 3 months to arrive!

then i had to find a set of suitable fuel injectors which cost another £500, then a remap, the list is endless.

if i ever did one again i would also have a copper head gasket made as well but fortunately these are quite cheap.

and if all this dosn't scare you into not doing it, consider the amount of time involved to totally strip and rebuild the engine with new gaskets and seals(not cheap) and while your there you may as well fit a new clutch too. for me it was okay because i did it over a period of about 6 months in my own garage at home but if you had to pay to get it all done, who knows??

my advice to anybody wanting to do this is to to throw away your alloy engine and find a cast iron engine block like one from a 1.6 16v engine in a mk4 golf, the 1.4 crankshaft will fit this block too!!

Edited by Teflon

^^

is the 1400 polo 16v engine not a cast iron block?

depends on the code!! the afh engine (which is the early one upto '99) which was totally different in which it had a chain driven oil pump and had overhead lifter cylinder head, is a cast iron block, but the majority of later ones are an aluminium alloy block, they are the ones with the roller tipped rocker arms, they have an open deck design too which makes them really bad for turbocharged applications, the cast iron block from the golf however is basically the same deisgn as the later ones but is far more durable, they also dont have an open deck which is more advantagous for cylinder head sealing/turbocharged madness!..

the only thing to watch out for on the iron block engines is that the cylinder head bolts are shorter!! be warned!!!

depends on the code!! the afh engine (which is the early one upto '99) which was totally different in which it had a chain driven oil pump and had overhead lifter cylinder head, is a cast iron block, but the majority of later ones are an aluminium alloy block, they are the ones with the roller tipped rocker arms, they have an open deck design too which makes them really bad for turbocharged applications, the cast iron block from the golf however is basically the same deisgn as the later ones but is far more durable, they also dont have an open deck which is more advantagous for cylinder head sealing/turbocharged madness!..

the only thing to watch out for on the iron block engines is that the cylinder head bolts are shorter!! be warned!!!

hey dude, what you mean by open deck?

also, the polo gti engine, which is of the roller rocker design, is a cast iron block

and althought the bolts are shorter, they are 2mm thicker diameter,

hey dude, what you mean by open deck?

also, the polo gti engine, which is of the roller rocker design, is a cast iron block

and althought the bolts are shorter, they are 2mm thicker diameter,

this is a picture of an open deck block, this is a honda block before anybody says but i cant find a picture of a lupo one.

opendeck.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

see around the edge of where the bores are is a open area.

this is a picture of an open deck block, this is a honda block before anybody says but i cant find a picture of a lupo one.

opendeck.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

see around the edge of where the bores are is a open area.

ah right,

not seen a small block vw engine like that before!

whats the ones that have that? the alloy block lupos??

and i was wrong about the head bolts,,

the cast older polo 16v block has the longer headbolts, and are 2mm thicker diameter

Massive great things they are!

wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" />

are you on!

mr teflon has showed me what a open deck block looks like, i say ive not seen one like it,

im referring to the design, not the actual engine,

dear me coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

• 13 years later...