so, what if a teacher loses an exam?

Blue Loop

I did an exam about 2 days ago. The marks are out and it says i didn't do it. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

What happens when a teacher loses an exam? (i'm guessing at the mo) is it true you get a pass?

I suspect it'll go on your past performance in that subject. Or you'll have to re-sit it.

I certainly doubt they'll pass you without any record of your work.

i doubt they will pass me too, that's what i've been told but unsure of it.

btw what do you mean by

You must have done tests/exams/assignments in the appropriate subject before? They may take an average of those results and give you that.

It was the first time i sat this subject and no mock exams before so there's nothing to prove i've studied sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

as for kicking his ass... i would really like to do that tbh biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I failed english due to my teacher putting me in for the higher exam when i wasnt capeable of doing it, and i really regret not giving myself the chance to hurt him/burn down his house etc.

When I did my English Language GCSE (before anyone says anything about being too old for GCSEs, it WAS the first year of them!), we all got strange marks. Few of them seemed to add up properly.

Eventually we found out they'd all been lost, so I guess random marks were rewarded. Pretty b/s if you ask me, but the choice was to accept the mark or resit. Tbh, I couldn't be arsed resitting, especially as English wasn't a subject that was important to me, so I just stuck with the poxy C. Bare in mind that my lowest mark in my coursework was 17 1/2 out of 20, a C does seem slightly unrealistic! Still, I'm not into all that flowery rubbish, so just stuck with the mark and concentrated on all my other subjects.

At what level was this exam? Is it a mock? I'm finding it hard to believe it's a final if you've had no sort of assessment beforehand.

It's a final exam in university. We have this subject from september until february and the second one from feb until june. It's more or less like a whole subject divided in two parts. So w have final exams both in febryary and june.

I'm making time to go talk to the teacher...

It's a final exam in university. We have this subject from september until february and the second one from feb until june. It's more or less like a whole subject divided in two parts. So w have final exams both in febryary and june.

I'm making time to go talk to the teacher...

If its uni DEFINATELY go and see them. They will know if you were at the exam and if a mark wasn't recorded they will be able to do something about it. Most likely you will get a very good mark as uni's are scared ****less of failing people at the moment, especially if mistakes were made with an exam paper/

if its uni they base it upon your marks from coursework throughout the year. cause it works two ways if they have accepted it off you then they have to give you a complimentary mark and they also have to err on your side if they lost it, ie if you got say two B's and a C for your coursework then they have to give you a B.

Went to see the teacher. The Work I had to hand in had been misplaced, so that's solved now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

thanks for all the replies peeps smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />