Swoxy's Lupo 1.0 E

Swoxy

Picked it up on Thursday. It's a 2000 1.0 E with 50k on the clock and power steering, central locking and electric windows ...

photo0040000px2yi4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

photo0041001bc1zv3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

And this is the plan ...

lupocopy4sd.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Give me 3 months. First impressions are good, it's well built and handles better than my 1.6 Baleno. However, the bonnet release broke the day I bought it and I need to get that fixed. Any ideas?

Edited by Swoxy

nice loop biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , im thinking of getting a red one but i duno yet...black or res confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> ...i duno reds different i fink and i havent seen many 1.0/1.4 modded loops anywhere...only a gti one on here. and alo of people have black loops some im kind of swaying towards a red one.. but havent decided yet rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> but yer again nice car and liking the potential pic...

Edited by Tigz

No idea mate, it's bog standard at the moment! In the process of transferring my sound system over, but encountering a couple of problems.

1. Can't get the bonnet open to wire up the amp
  2. Attempting to fit a 12" sub

Like the white stripes strangly.

Me too. My brother got the idea from here ...

Fiesta%20ST.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

i like it. dont see many red loops around. ive got a 12" sub in mine. which system you got?

was it you who said you broke the bonnet release handle? if so is this any help? not quite how to fix it but could be of use

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11862

Jen x

I was, but I'm pretty sure they're going to go out of my price range. So I picked these up today, took the Lupo on a 320 mile round trip and it held up surprisingly well for a 1.0. Once I get my hands on a set of locking wheel nuts I'll get them fitted. Now for the tinting ...

i like it. dont see many red loops around. ive got a 12" sub in mine. which system you got?

was it you who said you broke the bonnet release handle? if so is this any help? not quite how to fix it but could be of use

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11862

Jen x

Our family mechanic of 20 years spent 2 hours trying to open the bonnet without success. I'm going to take it to VW but I don't think they're going to be able to do much more apart from smashing the grille, we'll see how it goes.

Make sure you get spiggot rings for those dezent wheels, otherwise you could run into big problems

(Spiggot rings are the little nylon rings that sit on the inside surface of the wheel, so that it fits snugly on the hub, without these, the entire weight of the car is sat on 16 wheel nuts, as aposed to balanced out between the four hubs, and held tight by the 16 nuts)

Make sure you get spiggot rings for those dezent wheels, otherwise you could run into big problems

(Spiggot rings are the little nylon rings that sit on the inside surface of the wheel, so that it fits snugly on the hub, without these, the entire weight of the car is sat on 16 wheel nuts, as aposed to balanced out between the four hubs, and held tight by the 16 nuts)

Cheers for the advice. I fitted the wheels today before reading your post and removed the Honda spigot rings that were on them without replacing them with VW ones. Reckon I could get away with it for a day without fitting new rings?

Edited by Swoxy

• 3 weeks later...

Getting there ...

photo0065001gh4hy2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

photo0066002iz3pe7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

photo0047007tn4pt1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Swoxy

• 1 month later...

With my mate's Polo ...

photo0159001km8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

photo0161003sp2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Swoxy

The car is looking good mate, but IMO i think the tints look to dark.

I wanna do the Rosa's but wasnt sure how dark. Not bein nasty or oute but lookin at yours has given me a good idea not to go that dark.

Also get it colour coded, makes one hell of a difference.

Cheers mate. To be honest I wanted the tints as dark as possible, they're there for a reason wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just waiting for the bodyshop guy to be free before I get it down to him for the aforementined colour coding.

• 3 months later...

Time for an update. The gearbox was on it's way out and finally went on me on the A1 in London. Had it reconditioned last month and along with a service the car now runs like a dream. Fitted a debadged grill from LupoSi, which looks great. Now trying to source the bonnet infill pannel. Installed my headunit and active sub, wired them all up by myself too photo0048002ua5sa7wj6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The bad ...

photo0038000ox7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The ugly ...

photo0042001aj5nd3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Swoxy

the car looks cool mate, the turbo's dont look bad without a drop imo..certainly no 4x4.. but anythin looks better slammed!

decent car though dude smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

very nice mate, good choice with the turbos i was planning on getting a set but had a change of heart and now got my eyes on something else wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

good job with the car keep it up thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Got it back last week from the bodyshop where the bonnet infill panel from lupo_1.0 (dsc00990rv2se1ux9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dsc00992ln1pq9te2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dsc00994tm2tl7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Swoxy