best engine oil

I can't believe no one is using either a Silkolene or Mobil 1 product. Has no one looked in to the new esther type synthetic oils?

I have always relied on Opie Oils to recomend the best for all my cars (this isn't an add honest). You tell them what you use the car fro and what it is and they make recomendations based on that.

I have asked them for the Lupo GTi and whill post when they reply

I can't believe no one is using either a Silkolene or Mobil 1 product. Has no one looked in to the new esther type synthetic oils?

I have always relied on Opie Oils to recomend the best for all my cars (this isn't an add honest). You tell them what you use the car fro and what it is and they make recomendations based on that.

I have asked them for the Lupo GTi and whill post when they reply

I used Mobile1 from 25,000 to 129,000 in my Mk3 Polo GT. Long distance, short distance, cold hot...

Still ran smooth when it went. Injection system was playing up though.

S!

I spoke to Guy at opie today and he gave me some info on what to use and why. I have suggested he e-mail me his recomendations and also what discount he would do for possible group buys.

I have gone for the muts nuts. This is the silkolene Pro R and it's on special at the mo' for only £36 inc P&P. It goes in tomorrow when it gets serviced so I'll let you know.

I've had more then a few people recommend me the Castrol GTX Magnatec.

It is told to be extremly gentle on cold weather starts (like from november to march for

me then, god damn arctic circle blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ). Still i do not dare to swap sins i never even

heard a thing about it, though i never think a company of castrol size would release a

bad product and get a lawsuit on their table wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ..

The only thing the tech at Vag in my town said was, try to find a slightly bigger oilfilter,

.2-.3 liter more should be just fine. He even gave me the name of a few that i could use.

Though, at my 'tender' age i could blame that for killing of my short term memory, or i'll

blame the beer.. either way. Does anyone know anything about this oil?

And where do i find a wee bigger oilfilter? (note, live in sweden so i just need a brand name

and/or partsnumber)

I spoke to Guy at opie today and he gave me some info on what to use and why. I have suggested he e-mail me his recomendations and also what discount he would do for possible group buys.

I have gone for the muts nuts. This is the silkolene Pro R and it's on special at the mo' for only £36 inc P&P. It goes in tomorrow when it gets serviced so I'll let you know.

I went through this process last year, I went with their recommendation and chose some Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 Fully Synth, the loop runs really nicely on it. I would highly recommend using this oil.