best engine oil

I put Castrol RS 0W 30 Fully synthetic oil in my lup smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No prob with the oil pressure?

Concerning the spec of oil I thought that 5W-40 is the recommended one for tha GTI (2002 onwards). Have no user manual so I am not sure though.

Anyone could tell me the spec. for motor and gearbox oil from the users manual?

Thanx.

What grade is Silver then and does the oil have to meet a VW grade like the Diesel and Turbo engines i.e. VW505.01 etc

As far as I know the VW has its norms for all engine oils...but I wonder if the engine oil pressure isnt too low with 0W-30 oil confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> . I also heard that cars produce from 2002 on are filled with Longlife oils (change intervals for all engines are extended). But I dont know the oil specs for GTI as I dont have the users manual sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I think synth 5W-40 is quite universal so it may do the job (not too thick and not too liquid)...but still not sure about 0W-30 as this oil is totally different when speaking about all oil characteristics for winter and for summer. It is a easy running motor oil - good for winter (easily starts) but the reserve for high temperatures isnt that big (see only 30 - the higher the number is the higher the temperature reserve) - could be a small problem on a hot summer day with lower oil pressure. Or am I making it too complicated smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So in my opinion the 5W-40 (or 5W-50) could be the choice fro GTI wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Anyone know the exact oil specs for Loop GTI? May be in the users manual. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by gabo

Will look in the manual tonight when I get home unless someone does it sooner

If its not in the user manual it is strange. I had the oil specs and recommended motor oils in my Mitsu Colt users manual at the time I was owning 1.

Was thinking also of changing the gearbox oil. I was told (by VW dealer) to let it be as the gearbox oil has not to be changed ever...but...will do so even though.

I put Castrol RS 0W 30 Fully synthetic oil in my lup smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i use the same as you do

halfords have it down as optimum performance oil for the 1.4 engine confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

you get this from the vw dealers??

Got it from German, Swedish and French car parts (GSF)

Theres branches all over the country

The Lupo Vehicle wallet ive got......Look in technical Data part its the last section...under Capacities

92KW (125bhp) petrol engine

it says VW 500 00 or VW 502 00

The Quantum Synta Gold actual container says VW 502 00 / VW 505 00

so Synta Gold is fine for the GTi biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Got it from German, Swedish and French car parts (GSF)

Theres branches all over the country

The Lupo Vehicle wallet ive got......Look in technical Data part its the last section...under Capacities

92KW (125bhp) petrol engine

it says VW 500 00 or VW 502 00

The Quantum Synta Gold actual container says VW 502 00 / VW 505 00

so Synta Gold is fine for the GTi biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thats it? VW 500 00 or 502 00? I thought there will be a specification like 5W-40 or so...

I will try Mobil1 5W-50v then. Heard that its a great oil. Will see. I am a bit afraid that using 0W-30 or 40 may lead to a slight oil pressure decrease.

info is

ENG OIL-5W40 5L QUANTUM

5 Liters? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Ok. I thought it was only 4 liters.

Thanks for da info. Now it is clear smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by gabo