ATTENTION ALL LOWERED CARS.......!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...

Not quite, but if your low enough to catch the drive shaft on the chassis (the knocking noise), its likely you could be low enough to be catching the trunking/wires Mitch is talking about. As long as you keep an eye on it, as you should with brake lines and such, it shouldn't be a problem.

I ran my car pretty low 80-90mm as do so many people on here and although this thread shows it has happened to a few individuals, the majority appear to be trouble free. :)

Ok thanks Simpo, I had it in my mind that it was a problem that the majority of significantly lowered Lupos experienced; so I am glad it's not. Just need to order some coilovers and get them fitted now - the fitting bit will be interesting. :(

• 4 months later...

My car is sat on Coilovers at the moment, recently lowered the front even more so there's hardly any room for it to go lower and i've now noticed a knocking sound coming from beneath the accelerator pedal? I can feel it and hear it??? Is this the driveshaft? The engine management light has been on also since lowering it more so if that's the case i'm highering it back up.

Quite big. Nobody would do it for me, you'll probably need to find somebody who has the facility to do it at home, rather than a normal garage or body shop. People aren't too keen to cut bits out of your chassis.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ok when i was under the car again today i noticed the drivers side driveshaft fouls the trunking that clips around the sump at the rear of the engine, now the trunking carries wiring for the alternator so if it had worn thru it would of earthed out and possibly caught fire,my car is low but people on here must have the same ride height or even lower so check it before its to late, to check lie on your back looking up at the area behind the sump plug the drive shaft will of had all the paint stripped off if its ben rubbing.

take the loom off from the stater moter and re rout it round the front i had 2 do this 2 mine as was wearing the plastik away u can make it look very neat ass well and it does reach

take the loom off from the stater moter and re rout it round the front i had 2 do this 2 mine as was wearing the plastik away u can make it look very neat ass well and it does reach

o and if u have a gti lupo dont bother the stater moter is at the front not the back under the inlet manifold ok hope that helps

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1.0 wont knock as bad as a sport or tdi due to them having thicker shafts aswell iv already moved my wiring and greg howell of southern auto bodies quoted me around £180 notched and painted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My Lupo is on vmax coilovers which are wound all the way down at the back, but there is still some wheel gap at the back which i would like to dissapear.

ive heqrd things about cutting the bumpstops but im not really sure, can anyone help?