Mini Wheels...

Dubya

The rev limiter is only active during acceleration; Drop it down the 'box, and it'll just rev out. The Limiter can be altered through the ignition map, yes. If the level of tuning doesn't warrant adjusting, then most places that remap, wont adjust it unless instructed to do so (there's the potential that you can mis-select a gear, and detonate your engine on down-shift).

What spec is your engine then? have you done massive mods to it, or are you running a wild camshaft that needs a higher rev limit?

Well i have cams and according to rolling road the engine has power until the rev limiter. I would like 200-300 revs more.... I dont want to remove the limiter...

Whats your cams spec? According your power theit must be wild...

Do you have any head work to go with the cams, or just running cams? Did you change both the inlet and exhaust, or just the inlet?

What did you limit out at on the 'road? 6800rpm? How far up the rev range was your peak power? Was it peaking just before it limited, or was it peaking long before the limiter, and just limiting as the power decayed?

If it's reaching peak power before the limiter, then I'd leave it as it is. You wont gain anything out of it; you'd only be losing out. If it's peaking as it limits, then get it adjusted - tho, bearing in mind, how often do you bounce it off the limiter in normal driving?

I would have flowed the head and inlet manifold, before having it all mapped up. You can open up the ports quite a lot on the GTI head, and can gain a lot from doing so. The better the flow through the head, the greater the benefit in fitting the cams you've got. You should see 15-20hp from a properly flowed head and manifolds...

Thanks, thats my next plans .... I have already a bigger throttle body about 4mm. You mean to flow the original inlet manifold or to create new? How can i flow the manifold?

The original inlet manifold. The openings in the head are tiny. Open them up, and then open up the manifold to match...