Mini Wheels...

Dubya

Running 6.5x16" Mini Cooper 7 spoke Fin rims as my 'winter' wheels...

120155528.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

I wont reveal the polished 17's until the rest of the car is complete wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

who made your spiggot rings?

You don't use Spigot Rings... I CNC'd up some custom 22mm spacers, to fit the rims wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I CNC'd up some custom 22mm spacers, to fit the rims wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ah... Renault wheels here I come shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Look cool, think the 17s would look better though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You don't use Spigot Rings... I CNC'd up some custom 22mm spacers, to fit the rims wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Blimey, What offset are the wheels originally ?

Probably should have pointed out, that's Reflex Silver Lup GTI No 2. I loved the other one so much, I bought another! 121060070.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

121060073.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Oh...

And...

Er... Screen Dump of the Rolling Road session, after my hard work engine job lol. And it's still N/A 121060074.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Enjoy.

I think the leather door cards is one of the best things you can do to the interior, the standard cloth inserts looks so tatty that a nice bit of leather is a good improvement. Certainly looks great on yours.

So, let me get this straight, the Turbo Lupo has gone (how much did it go for in the end?) and now you've got another one. That is Lupo love! Your profile said you were getting a tuned 6 series a month or so ago.

Edited by AndyW

I think the leather door cards is one of the best things you can do to the interior, the standard cloth inserts looks so tatty that a nice bit of leather is a good improvement. Certainly looks great on yours.

So, let me get this straight, the Turbo Lupo has gone (how much did it go for in the end?) and now you've got another one. That is Lupo love! Your profile said you were getting a tuned 6 series a month or so ago.

Yup. Loving the door cards!

Nope. I still have the Turbo, tho it now lives in Germany at my Nans (I was planning on moving back there). I bought this one to use while I'm over here, as I missed driving the Turbo so much, and was travelling back and forth a lot. The BM is a Tax fiddle work car (being self employed). biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

did you get the leather interior panels from VW ??

if so what are the part numbers and how much did they set you back? My door cards are shocking...

Edited by nfbr

erm... am I missing something?

185bhp N/A? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

if so what are the part numbers and how much did they set you back? My door cards are shocking...

There you go bud wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

185bhp N/A? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

... and not a BMC or Cat Bypass in sight wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It was knocking out 134 to begin with. Bit of head work, some cams, different throttle body setup, modded airbox, panel filter, bit of lightening and re-balancing, bit of the Diiibya magic... and Bob's ya uncle. Proper little Pocket Rocket you might say tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Good work on the power! Interesting what your saying you've had done. I was questioning the use of induction kits and cat bypasses in another thread the other week, and it would seem that you've proved my point about a lot of the standard kit (especially the induction route) being optimized for the engine and not restrictive like a lot of people think. I might be wrong here, but I think the Super1600 Polos used the standard air box.

Yup. Loving the door cards!

Nope. I still have the Turbo, tho it now lives in Germany at my Nans (I was planning on moving back there). I bought this one to use while I'm over here, as I missed driving the Turbo so much, and was travelling back and forth a lot. The BM is a Tax fiddle work car (being self employed). biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Well if your going to get a tax break on something you might aswell get something silly.

Now the big question, from your posts its safe to assume you either work at or own some sort of tuning place, any possibilities of offering your mods as a package. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that would pay for such upgrades, hell, I think 160bhp is all I'd want.

Shrick cams?

Any more info about throttle body?

Did you do the lightening and balancing yourself?

Hartmann cams... I had a local engineering company lighten and re-balance the crank and flywheel for me. It's a common mod on Golf's if your going for a massive power hike. It helps the engine spin up faster and for longer. The throttle body was cut in half and elongated, along with a custom butterfly mechanism.

Good work on the power! Interesting what your saying you've had done. I was questioning the use of induction kits and cat bypasses in another thread the other week, and it would seem that you've proved my point about a lot of the standard kit (especially the induction route) being optimized for the engine and not restrictive like a lot of people think. I might be wrong here, but I think the Super1600 Polos used the standard air box.

Fitting an induction kit to a standard engine does nothing at all for performance. The throttle body and fueling setup will only ever suck in the same amount of air; whether it's sat in an airbox, or being sucked in through a cone filter. The airbox itself only ever becomes restrictive, if the engine is sucking more than it's designed spec, ie flowed head and high lift cams, because you'll no longer have the airflow. All an induction kit does to an otherwise standard engine, is make noise, and suck in warm air from the engine bay.

Likewise, your cat-back exhaust system does nothing for performance. It may alter the positoning of your peak torque, depending on it's bore/silencer setup, but on the whole, they're usually just direct replacements in stainless or aluminised steel - last longer and look better. A silencer less, only adds to the noise.

Outright power comes from the flow into the inlet manifold, through the head, and out through the exhaust manifold. The bore diameter of your exhaust manifold alters the cross flow through the inlet/exhaust, and ultimately increases or hinders performance. The more you can suck in, detonate, and push out, the more power you'll produce.

Like I said before, your 120 odd quid induction cone is doing nothing your airbox wasn't doing already.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 months later...
Hello

I have read what you have written and i am wondering what ecu are you working in your lupo... Well i am trying to change the rev limiter and i cant with the siemens ecu. If you done something special please let me know....

It was mapped by ABT, through the VW Dealer Network. VW offer a tuning package for most of their dub's, through ABT (Same as Audi). DNA Tuning is the UK franchised Dealer for ABT. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It was mapped by ABT, through the VW Dealer Network. VW offer a tuning package for most of their dub's, through ABT (Same as Audi). DNA Tuning is the UK franchised Dealer for ABT. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

How about rev limiter? Did they changed it?

How about rev limiter? Did they changed it?

The rev limiter is only active during acceleration; Drop it down the 'box, and it'll just rev out. The Limiter can be altered through the ignition map, yes. If the level of tuning doesn't warrant adjusting, then most places that remap, wont adjust it unless instructed to do so (there's the potential that you can mis-select a gear, and detonate your engine on down-shift).

What spec is your engine then? have you done massive mods to it, or are you running a wild camshaft that needs a higher rev limit?