Bonnets

Blue Loop

But, I have to aks the question, what's the point?? If it looks the same and yours is fine, why spend all that money on something you won't notice and won't make a difference?

If you were trying to lighten the whole thing I'd say it was worth it, or if the GTi bonnet was more flash in some way, but I reckon you'd be best to spend your money elsewhere.

Just my opinion though

well this is a good idea if you get bonnet and doors and tailgate of a gti then you get rid of more pounds but just a bonnet is a waste of time and money wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

did i catch that right? whats this about tailgate and doors on the gti being alu? if this is the case, did the 3L have the weight saving items to enable it to be so economical?

and the wings are ally too but you would need a whole 3L front end as there diffrent and not cheap

hey alvaro - how's it going mate - long time no speak! is a carbon bonnet not worth it instead - not sure of weight saving but i quite like them!

also - wasn't the 3L tailgate titanium - or have i had another petrol head wet dream? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

hi Alex smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> doing fine, started uni life again, only home for a few days so trying to catch up on here biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i thought the 3L tailgate was aluminium but i could be wrong, sure titanium is muhc more expensive than aluminium...

as for the carbon bonnet... i don't like them at all so i would have to have it painted if i was getting one. still not sure what to do, better start saving for whatever tho biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

mich has one on his looks well smart biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hi Alex smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> doing fine, started uni life again, only home for a few days so trying to catch up on here biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i thought the 3L tailgate was aluminium but i could be wrong, sure titanium is muhc more expensive than aluminium...

as for the carbon bonnet... i don't like them at all so i would have to have it painted if i was getting one. still not sure what to do, better start saving for whatever tho biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

cool mate - bet the weather is better over there! it's poo here at the moment!

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i guess the alu will be cheaper than carbon, but a painted carbon would be a first on club lupo mate! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />