3L bumpers

Ramirez

Has he? I'll PM him.

PS what do you mean "SNAKE?" confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> What have I missed?

i dont know what he means by snake , lol the item is only available thru the dealers parts centre and they have to order from germany and if it comes and its the wrong one TUFF its yours to keep mine is at parents i just went and had a look on the screen at the dealers and said that one please still in box so aint looked , was talking to clifford at e 38 and found i need the 3l front wings as well as the body line is different so i need these also..... poo

I heard that to BUT thats only if you want the whole front end (from what I understand from Germany sites). I, on the other hand want to mate it up to my MK1 Arosa, so only want the lower part.

give me a shout at work on monday, i have a 3l chassis number that i can look up parts for! for my number, check out my sig!

what i mean by snake is you coming up with some good idea's !!!

yea, i remember chatting to some greman dewd who mentioned that the front fenders arnt the same, or are the same as the gti ones

if you ever wanna get rid of that bumper smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ....

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

the front wings on the 3l are aluminium

as you can see on these 2 pictures, the 3l has a more of a rounded front part of the wing and the standard wings are move or an angle. I suppose with alittle work the correct angle could be made.

3l

VWLupo_2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

standard

side2new.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cheers Paul, looking at those 2 pics together even the lower part is different angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Back to the drawing board.

this is all getting a bit confusing now, so is the 3l bumper the same shape as a normal loop but just out of aliminium ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

almost ,cos when they were put on the bottom part didn't match the sill. quite light tho and gti arch is more flared. It seems to be a mix of the two.

Found a guide on how to put 3L front on a normal loop here Needs translating, cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Like to do something with the gti bumper.

@Blackrat how did you get around fixing bottom of bumper, seeing as you have covered the boltholes?

Edited by tshirt2k

Does anyone know the part no for the 3L lower front bumper and how easy it is to get hold of in the UK?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I brought the 3L lower bumper/spoiler 3 years ago from my local VW dealer's parts dept but never got around to fitting it to our standard 1.4s colour concept. I still have the parts they look as if they fit, the bumper shape seems the same on both 3L and standard car ( that is where lower spoiler joins) The part No are as follows:

Lower bumper/spoiler - 6E0 805 903 C B41

you also need the fog lamp cowls or blank off covers.

fog lamp cowls are handed - 6E0 853 665 C

6E0 853 666 C

the colour is best described as very dark grey whereas my standard car has black spoiler.

I am quite happy to send pictures of the parts but do not know how to post a picture here, unless someone can educate me.

Hope this will help you, it is a great looking spoiler, I even have the 3L TDI brochure (German) with closeup pictures of the spoiler detail . Have you seen the special aluminium/magnesium steering wheel for that model.

Edited by Tigz