CD Changer - Anyone fitted one in a GTi

Just want to know if anyone out there has fitted a 6 disc changer in the boot of a GTi. My wife got her new GTi last Saturday (Raven Blue) and since it has the Gamma head unit which will control the VW 6 disc changer I thought that might be a bit easier (and neater) than swapping the head unit (had a Sony with a 10 disc changer in the boot on her 1.4S, took up too much boot space).

Anyone out there done this, if so, where did you fit the changer, will it go under the boot floor at the side of the battery?

Appreciate any response.

Hi there,

I have the std Gamma headunit as well but also have the VW 6 cd `in-dash` changer that goes below the headunit. Very nice quality piece of kit and very stealthy looking as well.

Darren.

I too have the CD 6 in dash changer (also in my Raven Blue GTI!!!) Couple of points:

Removing the existing "tray" is a bit tricking but if you pull it hard to one side it should "pop out"

When you have connected the wiring loom, the wires need to be pushed in to the space at the side of the units and the dash, so that the radio can slot in nicely

I bought mine from a VW retailer for about £300 (I was cheeky and managed a discount!!!)

As the dealer was so crap with my warranty i came to a "polite arrangement" with them on the changer and go it for £240. Not bad as i think they retail at near £550.

As a Factory fit option the current price is £395, and is not an option for the Lupo (I have no idea why!!!!). If you buy the Changer from a VW dealer, it is definitely cheaper smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for the feedback folks, will have to see how cheap I can get the `in-dash` 6 disc changer. As you said Elliott, the single cd is the only option in the list for the Lupo and there was no way I was going to pay £190 for that.

Cheers guys smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />