ARSE!!!

Crusoe

i thought they were supposed to deny you any insurance on sports cars if you'd written anything off in the past 3 years?

good job you got money to throw away really aint it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

LOL, I can't say I've ever heard that one before.

I don't think crusoes TRYING to throw away money! Hes just on a one hairy man mission to rid the world of RWD cars. He has a special spandex outfit and everything.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I can't say I've ever heard that one before.

I don't think crusoes TRYING to throw away money! Hes just on a one hairy man mission to rid the world of RWD cars. He has a special spandex outfit and everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What like Crusoeonan The Rear Wheel Drive Destroyer?

as everyone has said glad your ok Ive wrote a brand new car off in my brief history behind the wheel so I know how ya feel! sorry anyway mate

Edited by Ty

Actually, I'm suprised the people you overtook aren't trying to get you done for dangerous driving...

Me and Andy have overtaken many unhappy people back in the day, and its a great way to really piss people off....IIRC Andy you got a lecture off some old guy in your Punto when he caught you up at a juntion biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edit - not to say it was dangerous driving, but people always seem to see overtaking as dangerous wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Yeah, I think someone wrote into Autocar (or one of the magazines) about a year ago to complain about the 'lost art of overtaking'. Saying that people are quite happy to sit for miles and miles following stuff, and then when you pash they give you a torrent of abuse.

I can't remember the incident specifically matt, but I'll always remember one the North Wales meet when a fair few of passed a huge queue of traffic all sitting behind a dawlder, and some stressed out guy in a scenic started swearing and waving at us all. Despite it being a straight, well surfaced, downhill road that had perfect visibility for a great distance. Hell, he could have overtaken, even in the Scenic. Very strange how nowadays it seems very un-pc to overtake, and if you do your some sort of reckless nutter.

LOL @ Tigz link biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I have to say though, that it can be really difficult to see holes like that and even if your going slowly it can still damage your car or throw you off line.

So sorrry to hear of this matey. I am glad you got away again with hardly any injuries.

You can always buy another one in a few years after your insurance is clean again. body parts are all that matter. you can imagine being on a bike when you hit a bad bit of road. especially when both wheels are following each other.

So out of the two crashes, which car held up best?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

Aaagh stop it!

I think he had one of those on when we went karting though...

I still stand by my overtaking comments, this was a perfect overtake visibility for over half a mile. The road was two large undulations on just the right hand edge of the road rather than a hole or drain which would have been easy to see but i'll get out and take some photos soon.

VX interior was perfect inside with no intrusion, doors all opened though the roof did fly off. The S2000 door was a bit bent in and needed bent back a but to open fully though that just depends on the angle of the crash. Both stood up well but the seating position and seats held more tightly in the VX so i'd probably say it was better in that accident than the S2K would have been.

Going to get the inspector to check the top link on the right hand suspension, can see it's broken from the pictures and just want to make sure it didn't brake causing the accident rather than after. Guess the tyre will show if it's been dragged allong on it's edge like that if it did brake early and there might be cracks or rust on the link that would show earlier damage of failure.

lol @ the spandex outfit.

the girl i overtook in the mini gave me her phone number after and said she'd been admiring my car when i went past, (so she can't have been bothered about my overtaking) she was quite hot actually lol, might need to call her for more information.

wonder if she will admire your new ride!!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

she was driving slow in a new red mini so probably lieks cute small cars lol, wonder if i should call her just to say i'm okay encase she's still worried about me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> trace her number back to her adress first to see what sort of area she lives in lol

Don't want to know about your ass being sore...

...argh! Not again! Commiserations.

Perhaps a Lupo next time then - or is that not grown up enough for you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with the boss.. sorry to hear it man sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

she was driving slow in a new red mini so probably lieks cute small cars lol, wonder if i should call her just to say i'm okay encase she's still worried about me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> trace her number back to her adress first to see what sort of area she lives in lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So thats why you crashed really?

You were too busy eyeing up the totty in the mini to be looking at the road.

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?a...pension+failure

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?a...pension+failure

looks like I might have some proof that the rear suspension failure was the cause rather than my driving. Picture of the rear drivers wheel doesn't look related to the other crash damage and seems the top links can fail like this.

looking at the pictures it could have been caused by a rear offside ball joint failure. This would have caused the type of reaction. The wheel certainly looks as though something has failed on the rear suspension. This has happened before to Ricky I think at the ring. There doesn't appear to be any kerbs that would have caused the suspension to colapse.

I take back what i said about it being a safe car, it is when you crash but it tries to kill you in the first place.

I have to say, I sympathise with the overtaking thing here.

You do only check for overtaking distance, and judging the speed of the cars you are passing.

As your brain is doing that calculation, its not thinking about checking the quality of surface on our great UK highways.

I once did a 3 car overtake on a local road - miles of room. As I was tearing past, some goon on a pushbike pulled out from a side road onto my overtaking lane!!!

I was breathing out to get through the gap. But the dude deserved a slap.

Actually, that was the same stretch of road that Crusoe did a shady overtake when he was driving my Lupo - overtaking from 30mph in 4th gear wasnt it? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

There will be a post on that too.

Actually, I take it all back, I dont sympathise at all! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

there was nothing dodgy about that overtake though your car definitly wasn't as fast as mine in 4th gear tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> there was me about to thank you for your sypathetic words on friday night lol

there was nothing dodgy about that overtake though your car definitly wasn't as fast as mine in 4th gear tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> there was me about to thank you for your sypathetic words on friday night lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should have been in 2nd wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Besides, you cant expect me to be nice all the time, that just wouldnt be me!

Lupo TDi time maybe?

I've just sent this to vauxhall customer services, will see what they come back with.

My car has recently been involved in a serious crash and the initial thoughts of the police were driving error but I didn't feel this was the case. On inspection of the skid marks, pictures of the car and research I have done into other similar VX accidents on VX drivers forums seem to point towards a rear suspension failure.

There may be a safety issue out there that requires Vauxhall’s intervention and any information you could provide as far as previous incidents of this type would help my case as far as any Police charges for dangerous driving are concerned.

My car is currently waiting on an insurance inspection though I expect it will be written off. I will ask my insurers to inspect the suspension as the possible cause of the accident.

The car stood up very well to the crash itself for which I’m grateful for the expertise put into the design of the safety cell, but I fear there may be a weakness in the suspension that could prove fatal in the future.