ARSE!!!

Crusoe

only 69bhp but would be enough to thrash everywhere and not get into trouble. just have to wait and see, think the toyota will be worth a bit more for resale later and it's the only one that comes fully colour coded (bumpers and mirrors) and looks better imo. They do a 3 or 5 year fixed servicing plan too like the mini.

Edited by Crusoe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 70 i think, wasn't looking at the speedo but can't have been doing much more in the space from the corner to the crash.

now thats bad luck mate , but as everyone said as long as ur alright thats the main thing . to be honest , from what u said happend the car looks like it has stood up to the crash quite well , i was expecting to see a totaly mangled car cause its a sports car but the cabin has kept the shape very well

just off the phone with the insurers they will go after the council if they think it is bad enough once i send them some pics, they think it is only likely to stand up if you can prove they knew it was a bad bit of road because other people had complained about it though.

opinion from the vx forum is that it probably ran out of suspension travel on one side over the bump whihc threw it sideways.

might write something to vauxhall once the claims all settled to complement them on the chassis and passenger cell which stood up well.

might write something to vauxhall once the claims all settled to complement them on the chassis and passenger cell which stood up well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean Lotus don't you?

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

it is a vauxhall though but you'd expect them to forward it on. Some of the guys on the vx forum know or were involved with the designers so i'm sure it would find it's way back to the correct people eventually.

You mean Lotus don't you?

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt top gear say last night that lotus were owned by proton???

People never believe me when I tell them how strong the cabin is. The body disintigrates around you but then alu box your in is strongre than you think.

i'd rather it was written off i think, going to need at least new front and rear cam shells @ 5K or so plus painting (£1K) then new front lights and fog lights (£500) new exhaust back box (£300), new front and rear wheel and tyres all round (£600) some new suspension parts and allignment (at least £500) new grill radiator and pretty much everything else that goes in the front of the car (£2K) plus probably things like brake lines, steering rack etc. think it will easly cross the barrier for write off which would be about £8K

Edited by Crusoe

Bloody hell mate. Glad you're ok. Shame about the car, but I bet when you got out and looked you were quite surprised to still have your legs (I remember that feeling!).

Shame about the motor, and what you'll have to go down to. But at least I won't be the only one on here driving something FAR too sensible anymore!!

few bruises where the seatbelt cut in, a stiff neck and some scrapes on my knuckles from something, fine really.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you're OK, as everyone says, is all that matters

I'm organising a sweepstake the next rwd car you buy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Okay, this seemed like news to me, but then I vaguely remember talking to you about it at the weekend (Friday night wasnt it?).

I imagine I called you a fool, and then said I was glad ya were okay.

Or maybe I tried to sell you a GTI wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well, it was like midnight & I'd been drinking at the festival campsite in the sun all day!

So to recap - glad you're okay man, but for ****s sake, learn to drive!

how come they keep reinsuring you on rear wheel drives when you've already written one off ? i thought they were supposed to deny you any insurance on sports cars if you'd written anything off in the past 3 years?

good job you got money to throw away really aint it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

how come they keep reinsuring you on rear wheel drives when you've already written one off ? i thought they were supposed to deny you any insurance on sports cars if you'd written anything off in the past 3 years?

good job you got money to throw away really aint it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh?! huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Never heard of that rule before!

Only just seen this. Really bad luck. Seems it was one of those 'no chance' crashes. Glad you, and everyone else involved is OK.

I wrote off a wheel down a pothole and got the concil to pay. My best advice would be to go with a camera (better than a phone camera) and a tape measure. Take a load of pictures that illustrate the depth etc so you have proof. Perhaps take a newspaper with the date on it too. Writing to Vauxhall would be a good idea too. No doubt the Police will be able to work out what was the cause of the accident which will help the situation.

It's totally rediculous the way the councils operate. They pay out hundreds of thousands on claims due to damage and accidents cause be bad road maintainence. I think it's criminal that they get away with not repairing them when they should. The whole 'surface dressing' is complete and utter **** IMO. It does nothing to the bumps in the surface, causes chips and cracked windscreens and breaks up after about 3 years so that the road is worse off than it was in the 1st place. It must cost a fortune to do and is a complete waste of time!

Edited by ArosaMike

Ouch sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Thats the problem with the Elise and VX, once they "let go" there's usually not alot you can do sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

But there is no way that it hasn't slightly damaged the chassis in some way looking at those pics - might only be a crease but thats enough to write it off. Probably for the best though, accident damaged Elise/VX's aren't worth shit sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I'm only going to repeat what everyone else has said. Bad luck, and the main thing is you are OK and not seriously injured.

I reckon if you get a decent handling budget car you'll have a top laugh. That diesel Fiat Panda on skinny tyres seriously exceeded my expectations. A real hoot to drive. I'd have one tomorrow.