ARSE!!!

Crusoe

well it's a year to the day since i had my last write off so i thought i'd better make a better job of it this time. surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

think i'll be looking at a toyota aygo or something else in group 1 next. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

edit - upload it pics don't seem to be working, pics to follow.

Edited by Crusoe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll send you the pics if you can host them Andy. Overtaking two slow cars on a long narrow country road. Would have been fine but just as I passed the old MK2 golf i hit a large bump in the road on the drivers side (looked like subsidance so i might have some sort of claim against the council?) which i think lifted one wheel and the other spun up and caused a spin though i'm not very sure as i didn't even have time to lift off far less correct any slide. Straight into a wall, 10-12 spins infront of the golf down the road ahitting the wall three times and then he hit me too to knock me on a bit further. Not a good start to the weekend.

Yes send us the pics mate.

Such a shame mate, glad your alright though, sounds like it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

You gonna give over with this RWD business for a while blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Id defenatly be looking at a counter claime to the councel though, put that on your insurance claime, and at least the insurance company will have to be looking into it.

no injurys at all?

Edited by Tigz

few bruises where the seatbelt cut in, a stiff neck and some scrapes on my knuckles from something, fine really. Passenger area in the car didn't have any damage or intrusion so it stood up well.

B961 about 3 miles from my house. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> knew the bumps were there from driving over them in the opposite direction but i'd have been past that bit of road if the guy in the golf hadn't been slow overtakign a mini at the time plus they were a lot worse going the other direction and leaving space fro the other car. Not in a good mood today sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

chassis looked okay from what i could see at the time, need to get it on a ramp for a look though. New front cam, new rear cam, new exhaust, new front suspension new rear suspension, front lights, radiator plus a few other bits and bobs, sounds like a write off to me.

Picture30.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture28.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture27.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture25.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture26.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Ouch!! - good to hear you're ok though. Push the council thing as much as you can, might save you some cash AND having to buy a Yaris!!

think i might have finally had it with sports cars, something cheap and basic for getting from a to b might have to do.

will have to get some oppinions on how it happened from the vx lot. I didn't have a chance to lift off far less correct a skid and the marks on the road shoed it almost did a 90 degree turn into the wall. wonder if the bump broke the top link on the rear drivers side (as shown from the pic with the wheel at the strange angle) causing the crash? It doesn't have a rear diff so i wouldn't expect more power to go to a wheel that had been bumped up off the road or would it spin in the air and skid when it touched back down?

Christ. Really sorry to hear about that mate. You don't seem to have much luck sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Only thing I can think of (assuming it was dry) is that you hit the bumpstop on the suspension as you went over the bump, throwing it off course.

Definitely looks like a write-off to me - that's a good £6-7000 just for the two new clams.

I'd be very interested in the rear alloys if they're intact wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

if it's scrapped it will go to the insurer's salvage place, i'll try to track it down once i know what's happening, it's at the garage for inspection today.

he had just overtaken the mini so was probably doing 55 or 60 at the time, i might have been doing 70. He took a long time to stop so the brakes on his MK2 1.3 (i think) probably weren't that good. Not sure when he hit me in the course of the spin, he said it was right at the end when he was almost stopped.

Oh ******. Nevermind though, your in one peice.

Funny, when you said you were a bit sore I thought you were reporting a GOOD weekend. Chin up, back to an Ibiza Diesel for you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

think group 16 would still be a bit too much, if it's written off i'll probably be a few grand out of pocket after the settlement and excess etc. so might consider one of the toyota things, fine for a to b transport can ad a decent sound system and air con and just use it as a throw away for a year or two. http://www.aygo.co.uk/aygo/microsite/aygo_...9142&wbr=RC9141 sport for £7500 group 1 and looks okay.

Edited by Crusoe

Quite like them, haven't seen an Aygo on the road yet but seena couple of the Pugs and they look OK.

Personally I like the new Panda though, it always gets a good write up and apparently is fun to drive according to Clarkson. Citroen C1 is maybe the one to go for pricewise though if you are looking for a basic car.

Amazingly though a C2 is cheaper than a C1.