1.0 MPI lupo problems

Elhad

Hi everyone,

Recently my 2003 1.0 MPI VW lupo gave me some problems, the engine started running on 3 cylinders with the consequences of the loss of power and the sh*t fuel economy 

I connected the OBD2 scanner and these were the codes I found:

P0030, P0401, P0304

You know better than me what these mean.

So now I know cylinder 4 is not running, I decided to see the conditions of the spark plug and it was really wet, I switched the spark plug with one from another cylinder but the problem stayed on the fourth, so then I decided to see if there is spark and there is, guess how I know 🥲. To be 100% sure I tried disconnecting the lead with the engine running and it stalled so I think it just misfires randomly. When cold started it makes a horrible noise that slowly gets quiter but doesn't disappear. Reading some data on my scanner I found that either the O2 sensor is reading and sending wrong values to the ECU or my engine is running too rich.

I don't know what else to say, please someone help me.

IMG_20220618_172204.jpg

IMG_20220619_115911.jpg

On 6/19/2022 at 2:04 PM, mk2 said:

Try new coil and all the leads... common problem. 

Not the best of translations but from what I'm understanding this suits perfectly to my problem.

Possible?

IMG_20220621_211115.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, Elhad said:

Not the best of translations but from what I'm understanding this suits perfectly to my problem.

Possible?

IMG_20220621_211115.jpg

Your engine have no EGR valve, therefore there is nothing to clean. You can clean cranckcase breather pipes and oil seperator, it might help your engine to breath if thats cloged, but there is no such thing as EGR for 1.0 MPI or 1.4MPI engines.

There is an EGR valve on the 2002 1.0 MPI I had. I know cos the bloody EML light comes on 20 miles after being replaced and reset...

You can buy a EGR bypass module that fools the ECU.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:47 PM, scotty2 said:

There is an EGR valve on the 2002 1.0 MPI

Depends on the engine code. Only AUC engine has EGR. Engines with code AER, AHT, ALD, ALL, ANV have no EGR valve. This regarding the 1L engines.

Edited by lupo 1.7sdi
  • Like 1

It's an AUC so it has the egr valve.

The problem I had with cylinder 4 disappeared but the shitty fuel economy it's still there and I don't know why.

As you can see from the photo the short term fuel trim is high. Plausible vacuum leak?😕

IMG_20220618_172157.jpg

On 6/28/2022 at 1:35 AM, Elhad said:

It's an AUC so it has the egr valve.

The problem I had with cylinder 4 disappeared but the shitty fuel economy it's still there and I don't know why.

As you can see from the photo the short term fuel trim is high. Plausible vacuum leak?😕

Is the check engine off?