Lupo 1.4Tdi EGR removal

julietdiane

Has anyone managed to remove the EGR valve from a Lupo 1.4TDi.?

Three allen key bolts hold the EGR to the manifold body. The top two I can easily reach, however

the 3rd, at the bottom, is difficult to access because just in front of it sits the EGR/Exhaust flange bracket

preventing me from acessing/removing this bottom EGR bolt.

Thanks - Does the flexish pipe stay in position or do you have to remove it?

Looking at the flexish pipe flange, even if you remove the two bolts on it, the flange looks like it will prevent you

from removing the bottom EGR bolt. What type of allen key did you use, because this flang does not leave any room

to put the allen key into the bolt head? Or when you undone the two bolts on the flexish pipe did you push the pipe out

of the way then access the EGR bolt? Or did you remove the flexible pipe altogether?

Edited by julietdiane

I think I had to remove the flex pipe entirely, so two bolts at each end? Then you should be able to get to the third one on the EGR. (I'm struggling to remember how I did it but I know it took longer than expected)

Think I used a normal allen key but had to use an adjustable spanner to get more leverage.

Remove the Flexi pipe then you can get the bottom bolt.

Enjoy cleaning the inlet manifold, remember to clean the head as well. 

• Haha 1

Looking more carefully under the bonnet, I agree removing the flexible pipe is a must.

I am now more confident in giving it a try.

Is it not dangerous to try and clean the inlet manifold? if you accidently drop something into the inlet

it would go straight into the cylinders.

How did you clean the manifold?

Edited by julietdiane
typo

When the Flexi and egr/asv is off you then into four more bolts and take the inlet off.

I've cleaned some spares to stick on my car when I do some things which facilitate removal and it is immaculate!