Airbags

Corinne

I had a car accident and my two airbags came out and the radiator is also broken I know the airbags are going to be expensive the garages told me (car from 2002) it will be more than the value of the car and suggest I get another car but can't give me an estimate until I put it in the garage but I only drive automatic I also live in Ibiza Spain so cars are more expensive here and garages are expensive too I have seen couple other automatic citroen c3 going for about €3000 I'm basically looking for advice is Citroen C3 a good car is my VW lupo better. I could at least try sell for parts the VW and put that towards the other car or is it still worth getting fixed what would you do? How much do you reckon I could get for the broken car?

Fixing the front of the car is easy- if you can get the parts. You'll need a scrap car as a donor.

You will also need a replacement dashboard and steering centre (with new airbags), and maybe a new airbag controller box  (not sure).

It could probably be fixed in a couple of days.

Pics please!

And welcome to club lupo :)

Generally in the UK. If both airbags go off it generally writes the car off in the UK. With the age of the lupo this is 100% the case now.

As Mk2 says it can be fixed. Your best bet may be is to get a donor 1.4 lupo and swap the bits over (if you can find one).