Arosa window switches not working

So back in the scene with an Arosa. Picked up a 1.4 TDi S yesterday for £700 (pretty cheap considering the current market) 139k with some history, cambelt changed etc. Other than a drivers side wing, rust free. minor damage to rear bumper (looks like it was reversed into a bollard or something) so undecided if I should just daily it as is or replace the bumper, and there is a couple of little scrapes (paint loss only no dents) on the rear quarters but otherwise solid.

Anyway, the passenger side window doesnt work at all. not on the passenger side nor from the drivers side switch. Would this still just be a regulator for the passenger side or would it be something else?

TIA.

Ste

See the window how-to thing... Try the last suggestion first.

Absolute bargain! What's the inside like? I'd certainly restore. Very very few left. Once done, easily worth 2k+

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

See the window how-to thing... Try the last suggestion first.

Absolute bargain! What's the inside like? I'd certainly restore. Very very few left. Once done, easily worth 2k+

Insides near mint. Seats are in great condition considering they are 20 years old! 

I'll try and find the how to now. I was reading an old post on here about it being the switches, however it doesn't work on the passenger side switch nor the driver side one. Odd.

• 2 months later...

I had the same thing with the driver's side window on my Lupo. Turned out to be broken wiring where the harness enters the door (the harness is fatigued here as the door is opened and closed), plus a knackered window regulator. A quick check with a multimeter will tell you if you're getting 12v where you need it