WANTED LUPO GTI

Zee gti

7 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Yep I agree although I am not keen on the non standard roof aerial and I am not sure the Eagle F1 tyres are the correct size. The hunt continues.

Aerial is standard for cars that came with a factory fitted sat-nav.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Aerial is standard for cars that came with a factory fitted sat-nav.

Well after alll this time I didn't realise nav was a factory option. I have never seen it on another Lupo GTI. Every day is a school day as they say 😁

I think it has! Although I’m 100% happy with mine at the time of purchase there was a laser blue 65000 miles for sale 2018 6.5k, let’s see where we are in another four years.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:42 AM, lupogtiboy said:

I don't think factory nav was a UK option

Wasn't it?

I know you didn't get climate control, ESP or the glovebox but I would have thought all the rest was available.

I have a genuine standard vdub sat nav in one of my loops. Its really cr@p. Decent FM radio on it though. It came out if a GTi a few years back.

IMG_2553.PNG

Edited by mk2

If I remember correctly, the only GTI options in the UK were sunroof, aircon, metallic paint, cd player, leather and possibly 5 seater rear bench, but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong

6 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

If I remember correctly, the only GTI options in the UK were sunroof, aircon, metallic paint, cd player, leather and possibly 5 seater rear bench, but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong

I am pretty sure you are spot on. Unfortunately I gave away my Lupo brochures and price lists when I sold my last GTI a few years back.

I must admit that when I chucked in the MCD unit, i had to fit the GPS antenna up behind the instrument cluster so it could see the sky. So if there ever was a GPS option, it would have needed a different loom (just for the GPS antenna cable). And a different loom just for a few models would probably be too expensive to manage? As it is there are probably about 16 different loom options (different engines with different trim specs). And that is just for Vdub. Seat have their own flavours.

Probably the reason my SDIs never came with an AC option.