I am looking for a lupo gti any colour except Black or Silver
the minimum requirements are…

6 speed

Air con

Max 80k miles

uk car please

good paintwork/bodywork/sills/straight pinch welds

and hpi clear car please

Private message or message through here please with details and prices thank you

Edited by Zee gti
Update on colour

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

Good luck! 😂

Might seem impossible to you
ive owned 3 gtis before 2 less than 70k miles

im sure someone somewhere will have one for sale

ive seen the anthracite grey one on autotrader but paintwork is really battered and no air con

Edited by Zee gti

Welcome to ClubLupo. How recently have you owned your 2 sub 70K miler's? I look almost daily and I can't remember seeing a UK car with under 70K miles at a realistic price some time.

Edited by Grumpy

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

Welcome to ClubLupo. How recently have you owned your 2 sub 70K miler's? I look almost daily and I can't remember seeing a UK car with under 70K miles at a realistic price some time.

So in 2017 i bought a silver one with 59 k on the clock and in 2019 i bought a black one with 65 k when i bought it

The silver one was advertised for 5700 as i recall bought it from reading area paid close to 5200 as I remember.

black one was from liverpool area again paid around 5000 ish

lupo gtis haven't been realistic price since 2015 unfortunately i wish they was cheaper but unfortunately they arent

It’s quite a big step in price from an ordinary to good condition lupo. I personally can’t bring myself to pay those eye watering prices  vs what you actually get but still they are nice and will become assets. In my opinion the best of the bunch for real value, still a drivers car and fun is the lupo Tdi. They also are becoming assets. Obviously this won’t answer what you want to hear. 

16 minutes ago, tigcraft said:

It’s quite a big step in price from an ordinary to good condition lupo. I personally can’t bring myself to pay those eye watering prices  vs what you actually get but still they are nice and will become assets. In my opinion the best of the bunch for real value, still a drivers car and fun is the lupo Tdi. They also are becoming assets. Obviously this won’t answer what you want to hear. 

Yeh they are mad money now but im buying to use not for investment.

when i bought my old silver one for 5200 ish people thought i was mad but i cant get away from them 😂

• Like 1

I have just seen a love 05 plate locally to me in a garage with 30,000 

miles but they want an eye watering £14,995 😂 

reasonably priced gti’s do come up but over the last couple of years prices seem to have gone silly.  

Just now, Dom's dub GTI said:

I have just seen a love 05 plate locally to me in a garage with 30,000 

miles but they want an eye watering £14,995 😂 

reasonably priced gti’s do come up but over the last couple of years prices seem to have gone silly.  

Woaw mad mad money but it must be mega clean 

what garage was it 

any links to advert ? 
thank you

21 hours ago, Zee gti said:

So in 2017 i bought a silver one with 59 k on the clock and in 2019 i bought a black one with 65 k when i bought it

The silver one was advertised for 5700 as i recall bought it from reading area paid close to 5200 as I remember.

black one was from liverpool area again paid around 5000 ish

lupo gtis haven't been realistic price since 2015 unfortunately i wish they was cheaper but unfortunately they arent

Prices of low mileage mint Lupo GTI's have been pretty consistent for the last 9 or so years at about £7K. I bought my first 05 plate GTI in October 2012 as a VW Approved Used car for £6,800. It was a 2 owner car with 35K on the clock. Sold that in February 2014 and after 6 months had the itch again so bought my second one £6,750 which again was a 2 owner car but with 18K on the clock. Sold that in January 2016 and yep towards the end of that year I decided I needed another. Bought my third GTI in January 2017. It had quite a few owners and 45K on the clock and I paid £5,800. Sold that in May 2018 and have over the last 12 months been on the lookout for a stock, low mileage Laser or Raven Blue GTI, however nothing yet

28 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Prices of low mileage mint Lupo GTI's have been pretty consistent for the last 9 or so years at about £7K. I bought my first 05 plate GTI in October 2012 as a VW Approved Used car for £6,800. It was a 2 owner car with 35K on the clock. Sold that in February 2014 and after 6 months had the itch again so bought my second one £6,750 which again was a 2 owner car but with 18K on the clock. Sold that in January 2016 and yep towards the end of that year I decided I needed another. Bought my third GTI in January 2017. It had quite a few owners and 45K on the clock and I paid £5,800. Sold that in May 2018 and have over the last 12 months been on the lookout for a stock, low mileage Laser or Raven Blue GTI, however nothing yet

Yeh when i bought my first black one in 2015 it had 98k on the clock black a-c that was 2500 

but now if you try to get a good condition one for 100k mileage you be paying around 5k maybe slightly more

Wish they was cheaper but unfortunately they arent

The number of sub 100k mileage GTIs must be few and far between now. Mine is at approx 103k and is now just over 20 years old. The days of £3,000 affording you a selection of moderate condition examples with 90k-100k on the clocks seem to be well and truly over sadly. I also fear there are so many of us looking for a raven/laser that if/when one is listed for sale, condition will almost be irrelevant!

20 minutes ago, mickster said:

there are so many of us looking for a raven/laser that if/when one is listed for sale, condition will almost be irrelevant

Yup. Count me as one of them. At last count I think there's 6 of us that I know of... And it HAS to be an old UK registered one.

That beaten up silver gti that was on gumtree for £1k up in Edinburgh last month, in really terrible, rusty, non-running, wrecked interior condition apparently sold in 1 day.

A better investment than shares or gold bars me thinks. 👍🏻 :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mickster said:

The number of sub 100k mileage GTIs must be few and far between now. Mine is at approx 103k and is now just over 20 years old. The days of £3,000 affording you a selection of moderate condition examples with 90k-100k on the clocks seem to be well and truly over sadly. I also fear there are so many of us looking for a raven/laser that if/when one is listed for sale, condition will almost be irrelevant!

Yes I know what you mean but there gotta be some clean low mileage ones

id love a red one to be honest

Well it’s a waiting game and a very exiting one too. Half of the fun is the find. 

• Like 1

Mine is January 2006-registered, ex-Japan and now 74,000.  I'm interested in comments here regarding price/vale. I think perhaps some people might take the standard Gti's performance capabilities for granted.  As someone who got my first licence in '68, I naturally have an interest in and affinity with 70s cars - I started working for BMW in '71. One of my all time favourite cars is the 2002 Tii. We used to think that a very fast car in the day - but just look at the figures: Lupo Gti: 123 bhp; 0-60: 8 secs; top speed: 127 mph; 2002 Tii: 130 bhp; 0-60: 9.8 secs; top speed: 118 mph.  And what about these other examples: Lotus Europa (Renault engine): 82 bhp; 0-60: 9.1 secs; top speed: 116 mph; Alfa GTV 2000 (105 series): 129 bhp; 0-60: 8.2 secs; top speed: 121 mph. So I think the value we get for £4K-£7K in a car with such a sensibly small footprint is outstanding. So there!  

1 hour ago, davy26 said:

Mine is January 2006-registered, ex-Japan and now 74,000.  I'm interested in comments here regarding price/vale. I think perhaps some people might take the standard Gti's performance capabilities for granted.  As someone who got my first licence in '68, I naturally have an interest in and affinity with 70s cars - I started working for BMW in '71. One of my all time favourite cars is the 2002 Tii. We used to think that a very fast car in the day - but just look at the figures: Lupo Gti: 123 bhp; 0-60: 8 secs; top speed: 127 mph; 2002 Tii: 130 bhp; 0-60: 9.8 secs; top speed: 118 mph.  And what about these other examples: Lotus Europa (Renault engine): 82 bhp; 0-60: 9.1 secs; top speed: 116 mph; Alfa GTV 2000 (105 series): 129 bhp; 0-60: 8.2 secs; top speed: 121 mph. So I think the value we get for £4K-£7K in a car with such a sensibly small footprint is outstanding. So there!  

You make a very good point about bang for your buck. I had a Lotus Europa twin cam back in 1983. Only kept it for 6 months as it wasn't all it was cracked up to be in my opinion. Lupo GTI's on the other hand are superb.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, mk2 said:

Yup. Count me as one of them. At last count I think there's 6 of us that I know of... And it HAS to be an old UK registered one.

That beaten up silver gti that was on gumtree for £1k up in Edinburgh last month, in really terrible, rusty, non-running, wrecked interior condition apparently sold in 1 day.

A better investment than shares or gold bars me thinks. 👍🏻 :)

Have you spotted it yet? 👀

12 hours ago, mickster said:

That's the ticket! Shame about the mileage, leathers a bit tired now the photos are up but that aside looks a nice example.

Yep I agree although I am not keen on the non standard roof aerial and I am not sure the Eagle F1 tyres are the correct size. The hunt continues.

For me, the no.1 most important thing is the interior. Most bodywork and mechanicals are relatively straight forward to sort. For example; A ripped driver's seat is almost impossible to replace, even from breakers yards in germany (where it's a passenger seat). A broken headlight is tricky, but there is always a source somewhere for a used one.

These cars are now 20 years old. VDub warranty support stopped around 2013, so Lupo specific parts are naturally much harder to find.

Agreed. I feel it's overpriced. Yes it's Raven but at 139K miles many irreplaceable parts are going to be tired.

Edited by Grumpy