VW Lupo Tdi starting issue

Hi, basically my Lupo starts fine first time from cold, but after it’s warmed up and turned off it doesn’t want to even attempt to start, the glow plug light comes on and goes off, the fuel pump doesn’t sound like it primed and then the starter just does one click, the battery is fine and brand new, alternator is fine and charges battery, it will start with a bump but won’t turn over on the key, has anyone had a similar experience or know what’s wrong? I’ve got a feeling it’s the fuel pump or maybe a bad ground on the starter, not 100% though so any info would be great, thanks

Won’t be the fuel pump if it bump starts. I’d start by running a positive wire direct to your starter solenoid and see what the reaction is. 

So I got back from my 12 hour night shift went to start the car and there was no fuel priming sound and now glow plug light but the car turned over and wouldn’t start, after wiggling the wires on the steering column and taking the main fuses by the battery out it primed and started fine, ran up to temperature and went nice on the run home, and then when I got home it even restarted when hot! So I think you are right in saying the main fuses or maybe a bad connection 

I don't think you could bump start it if 109 is on holiday? It wouldn't run unless the vibration kinda makes the contact pass some current? Or maybe the ECU is trying to energise the glowplugs and that's killing the current? Ah, I dunno what I'm on about anymore...🤷🏻‍♀️