Anthracite GTI in Finchley

mickster

On 2/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, mickster said:

Nice 05 plate anthracite GTI with heated leather interior in Finchley spotted (twice) at the weekend, a few cars down from a silver Up! GTI. 

IMG_20220212_155838.jpg

Thats a very rare car. There was only two made in 2005 in Anthracite. The other one was on Copart VERY recently.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:39 PM, lupo1.0se said:

Thats a very rare car. There was only two made in 2005 in Anthracite. The other one was on Copart VERY recently.

This is interesting, I didn't include the reg of this one in case the owner was on here and didn't want it posted but since all seems quiet here is the other photo I took. This does appear to be the one that wasn't a write off, although it has quite a bit of damage to the near side front wing and bumper, just out of shot of my first photo. MOT checker shows is only on approx 65k miles though! 

IMG_20220212_155826.jpg

Edited by mickster

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Haggis5664 said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13155409

So presumably this being the copart one? 

According to the dealer blurb this car has had the same owner for the last 15 years. Interestingly they initially listed it at £7,495 then very quickly increased the price to £8,999. I wish they would get some more pictures up on their Autotrader ad as the sole image doesn't show much other than the car is possibly running non standard tyres and needs the wheels refurbing and new centre caps.

Ah fair enough, unlikely but perhaps it is the one pictured above - that or there are more than 2 in the wild from 2005 😃.

At 7.5k it would be worth a conversation, but 9k a little too much I feel. Then again, low mileage, well looked after and not 10+ owners are becoming hard to find! 

I suspect the one in that pistonheads listing, and also on Autotrader here https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202204104507703 is the one I spotted. The reg in my photo above if run through the DVLA MOT checker shows the mileage was 63,486 miles on the 23rd October 2021. The price is laughable, the body work is really rough - there is damage to the front arch and bumper on one side, the wing mirrors arent the originals, and the wheels are terrible. It'll need a fair amount spent to get it pristine and really only has the mileage, colour and leather interior going for it. I am back up that way in a week or two so if it is still there I'll take some more photos, it wasn't there about a month ago but was a couple of weeks later so it's anyones guess! Interesting that the ad says Wakefield...

The first Lupo I test drove was from this dealer I was expecting a garage but just a guy with a few cars on his driveway,he puts adds out wanting to buy your Lupo/Up GTI. Not at all pushy and happy to put the trade plates on and go for a test drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to track it down (wasn't in the same spot as last time!). I took the photos pretty quickly and on reflection they still aren't great but you can see the front bumper needs some paint and the marks on the front arch that I mentioned. To be honest I don't think it's more than damage to the paint so perhaps a partial respray and a new drivers side mirror, aerial (!), plus a wheel refurb, and you'd have a decent looking car? 

Last photo is the obligatory "look two lupos!!" shot I couldn't not get 😅

IMG_20220425_093832.jpg

IMG_20220425_093844.jpg

IMG_20220425_093855.jpg

IMG_20220425_093900.jpg

IMG_20220425_093950.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on Facebook marketplace and the other 05 Anthracite Gti is for sale. Still has the accident damage. Both ironically are identical in spec (leather interior etc)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1209180893252467/

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 8:43 PM, lupo1.0se said:

I was on Facebook marketplace and the other 05 Anthracite Gti is for sale. Still has the accident damage. Both ironically are identical in spec (leather interior etc)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1209180893252467/

YB05GYU - was mine since new until I wrote her off 😢. I’ve still got the log book all the history and the spare key. It was f##ked to be fair there’s more wrong with it than just the front end. Not sure how it’s being ridden around with no mot or tax the insurance told me she’d be scrapped or broke down for spares not sold to someone in Leicester to put a baby seat in.  Anyway was just posting because if anyone does feel like buying her to restore from whoever it is on Facebook that owns her now then I’ll happily answer any questions because I’m the one owner from new not them 😂.

• 5 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 1:49 AM, Haggis5664 said:

Finally tracked down an anthracite of my own this weekend :)

2004 not 2005 but does seem in better and how to get rid of moobs condition than the ones discussed here!

IMG_20220814_105955.jpg

Oh wow. This looks very cool. Yes it is a bit better then discussed previously. 

Edited by MyrtleHarrison