Removing/installing a GTI crankshaft

Quick question for those of you who have done it before.

ElsaWin shows that the timing assy is pushed off using 3x M6 screws in the provided threads, and shows replacement using a new seal along with the special tool to form it. I've searched on here and read that the seal can be reused, the question is how to get the trigger wheel back onto the end of the crank (and in the correct position)? Is the special tool needed after all?

On the other end of the crankshaft I'll have to remove the oil pump, again a special tool is shown to guide it onto the crank during reassembly. I assume this is to stop the oil seal getting damaged, but is it possible to do the job without it?

Any advice would be appreciated!

You have the tools? The seal is teflon, not rubber, so you need to be very careful when dismantling. I always get new seals.

Why are you replacing the crankshaft? What happened...! Pics?

I don't have the tools, and would rather not buy them for a one-off if I don't have to!

I need to remove the crank so I can give the block to the machine shop to measure and hone the cylinders. As long as the cylinders are within spec it will be a case of new rings and bearing and reassemble.

I already started a thread on the car before buying it, I'll do a proper update when I get a chance, but here's how the motor currently looks:

IMG_20220108_153041