My Lupo Gti on JayEmm on cars

lupo1.0se

Watched that yesterday, nice to see an honest review and get a thumbs up! It's about time it got the recognition it deserves!

Also, your GTI is lovely Chris!

Watched it today and was a good report of  a lupo gti. It even nearly made me want to buy one and ditch my ‘Rossa’ as I’m unhappy with my suspension and transmission rumble all the time. But………..

mines cheap to own and cant beat value vs fun!!

On 1/5/2022 at 7:55 PM, Y2ACP said:

Came up on my recommendations yesterday so watched it straight away, to say it went well is a bit of a understatement to be compared to a 205 gti and a Clio Williams! What coil overs do you have?

Not on coilovers. On standard suspension 

On 1/6/2022 at 9:06 AM, mk2 said:

Where was it filmed? Those roads look very familiar...

It was filmed in Essex near braintree. Not from where I am from.

Thank you for the above comments 

Excellent review by JayEmm, although I am not sure about him referencing the GTI for "younger drivers". Your car looks to be a very tidy, low mileage, more or less stock example. Out of interest what's the background to the car. I have had 3 low mileage Lupo GTI's and once again I find myself looking at the various classified ads sites on a daily basis 🙂

Edited by Grumpy

40 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Excellent review by JayEmm, although I am not sure about him referencing the GTI for "younger drivers". Your car looks to be a very tidy, low mileage, more or less stock example. Out of interest what's the background to the car. I have had 3 low mileage Lupo GTI's and once again I find myself looking at the various classified ads sites on a daily basis 🙂

By all means. I have owned it since 2014. I am only the 3rd owner and i got it 48000 miles. It was not my daily and certainly is not now (i live fairly near my work so i walk in)

During production in Feb 2005, it had a sticker on the slam panel saying there was a alignment issue, so it was taken off the line. I have the sticker somewhere, just not on the car.

Car was 1st registered in June 2005

1st Owner was based in the Birmingham Area. He owned it until 2011. A pic of the car there ownership can be found here -

DSC00829.JPG

2nd owner was on here. Username of Lupopo. He bought it from the 1st owner. We met in 2012 and he was the orignal orgainiser of the meets at bluewater (takes me back for sure). Still friendly with the guy to this day. But anyway at various points he umm'd and arr'd selling the car (never advertised publicly but had been mentioned to myself). Hehad done some mod's including fitting Mk4 Golfs seats, coliovers and sound system. By late 2013 i had just got back into work (was on Job Seekers on/off for a while from 2012) and i asked the question if he wanted to sell it. He said yes, he knew that if i bought it was going to spend the money on jobs it requires etc. The rest is history.

Here is my thread of the car, i have not done much since the main work i did. I have not updated the thread much since 2017. But then again i have not been to many shows either. It is something on my radar to do. But life changes. Since Mid 2018 the car now lives in agarage which certainly helps. It does not do as much driving as it used to. Although last year i drive it too Castle Coombe (not for a Vw show, there was a reason for that) and perfomred faultlessly.

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Just read the thread and really interesting. All credit to you in bringing your GTI back to stock. A lot of time and money on your part but well worth it. 

Thank you. It was worth it. It would be trickier now for certain parts (eg spoiler etc)

7 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

With that review I thought you would have some £800 coilovers on.

Nope. It is the standard suspension. However during the 2nd owners ownership it did have coilovers which mens they probably have 25k less mileage than the rest of the components.

Edited by lupo1.0se