Snapped timing belt while I was cruising on the highway doing 160km/h

Takmann

Hi guys, My name is Takmann an Hot hutch lover from Tokyo japan. 
I have the Volkswagen Lupo Gti.
While I was cruising down the highway the timing belt didn’t snapp but the whole tooth inside the belt have failed on me due to the long neglect. I picked up my Lupo from the yard and has been sitting here for about an year. there for I gave it an new battery, new oil, and fired instantly. 
I was so high in adrenaline rush forgotten about the long vacation and I was giving it the foot to the floor. 
And it happened… the engine failing not igniting the rpm start  to drop and finally I was on the side of the highway with my Lupo not breathing any more…

I have been checking this site for a quiet a while a now but now I have decided to sign up to this Club Lupo hoping to be able to talk about the hottest hutch that I love and meeting the Lupo owners around the world.

by the way would my situation be serious?
The valves have have hit the piston?

if any one have crossed the same drama it be greate to share any infos about the matter. 
thanks guys 

It is possible that the valves have hit the pistons... Yes, serious.

You will need to check the cylinder head- the camshafts and valve followers.

Pic of car?

ルポクラブへようこそ :)

Thanks for your reply MK2!

what would be an best solution for my circumstances? Ether to over hauling the existing motor or the pick the whole engine from the wreaked gti‘s from the auction for approx one grand.

Yes I have plenty pictures of my Lupo Gti I’ll up load it soon 

bye

The quick solution is to swap the engine, but you would still want to do a full service on it (and change clutch, service gearbox and drive shafts, maybe a new cat?).

My favourite solution would be to rebuild the top of the engine- if you know how to do it. Much cheaper if you do it yourself and potentially it would give you a more reliable result. Plus you could give the bores a very light hone before reassembly. 

It is possible that there has been no damage and all you need to do is replace the belts? I would still want to check the entire valve and camshaft system thoroughly 👍🏻