Lupo GTi ball joints

BLADE

Yep, that old chestnut...

Probably going to need both ball joints for my GTi's MOT next Feb (as was flagged up last year)

Local dealer confirmed not available, as has been discussed here before. I've walked the tightrope that is ordering through AutoDoc and surprise, surprise after I'd ordered the RTS 3rd party ones, they're attempting to send me Stark 'equivalents' - which I don't think are. Has anyone had any recent luck sourcing these??

many thanks

I’ve had the exact same thing happen today, but caught it before they sent the wrong ones, they always do this with stuff

one person said they were out of stock, the next said they would send the right ones

can be a pain but often cheapest place for car parts

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t understand why people have issues with these ball joints, I think I must be lucky with my local auto parts place, I just turn up, give them the reg and they just hand over the right bits. 😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, Pete said:

I can’t understand why people have issues with these ball joints, I think I must be lucky with my local auto parts place, I just turn up, give them the reg and they just hand over the right bits. 😂

... err, as said it's about getting the right bits...

18 hours ago, BLADE said:

... err, as said it's about getting the right bits...

What does that mean exactly? Of course it’s about getting the right bits, which is why I posted. My point being that you order the bits for a car which has a registration on a database, so there should be no confusion. If you felt that my comment was aimed at you as the buyer then you are mistaken, you don’t go out of your way to buy the wrong products just so you can make a thread about it on a forum, or at least I’d hope not anyway, it was aimed at the seller and the systems some sellers must use and others do not, as I previously mentioned, I have had no issues from the company that sells parts to me. No offence intended.