lupo woes

hooker1uk

evening all. 

Last saturday my little red turd (1.0 mpi - think ANC) decided to start lose power, making a clacking sound on acceleration 
Found a garage and one of the mechanics is also a lupo owner - they said OBD shows misfires on 2 and 4. £200 later I've got a new set of spark plugs (the prior were just under a year old and NGK VW OEM's) and a new coil pack, it didn't fiix the problem. they suggested new leads, replaced them with some from mr retro leads. they improved it but it lost power again and the clacking come back. which leads me to the last hour. cleaned the sensor on the rocker cover (was covered in oil and crap) and cleaned the throttle body as best as possible.

something told me to check the injectors - they look like the original ones and have signs of damage on the bottom of them, Could they be the root cause of the problem?

If they are would it be worth trying some from the local scrappy -(polo with the same engine sat there at moment) or biting the bullet and go new (again budget is tight as funge right now so trying to be careful) 

any advice would be appreciated thanks all! 

It'll save the red turd from becoming a scrappypiece (with a ton of new parts on it ) 

Your car doesn't like you... It obviously reads this forum and has the hump with you.

Could be crank sensor? If it's pinking/knocking, ignition must be early. Worth looking at live sensor data when it's running. 

It's never ever injectors or plugs. Usually coil or leads. Or temp sensor...?

The coil and leads were shot so both replaced, is the image attached the sensor you mean? as i gave that a good cleanup. as for the temp sensor where is that on this engine (yeah i know dumb question but still a novice) 

i have access to a 1.4 polo with the same type of engine at the local scrap yard so thinking of cycling there and trying spare bits until i get paid and replace with new 

Unless theres anyone in the luton/houghton regis area that has one I don't have access to scan tools at moment (bar in sussex but i doubt she'd like the drive down the m25) 

header_455-800.jpg

It had some gunk in it. When the mechanic put his thumb in and removed it oily gunk spat out. But it seems to be ok 

When you remove lead 3 it doesn't change how it runs but the rest cause it to splutter and die

I'm sorry I'm a novice with a lot of this to tell the truth. A  trusted  friend who runs a garage said it could be the valve spring  has failed. I'm totally confused.