!Resolved Lupo Gti Centre High Stop Lamp

Hi Dave hope you’re ok.Unless you want to pay£1000 on eBay I think there all gone.Seen a video on YouTube if you can get it out in one piece it’s repeatable,finish off with clear silicone between boot and spoiler so no more water gets in.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, Y2ACP said:

Hi Dave hope you’re ok.Unless you want to pay£1000 on eBay I think there all gone.Seen a video on YouTube if you can get it out in one piece it’s repeatable,finish off with clear silicone between boot and spoiler so no more water gets in.

Morning Andrew - hope you're good too.  I think you're right - I've tried following up a few on eBay after searches, but there doesn't seem to be any actually available.  I'm just trying to get ahead of possible future MOT failure;  the things are a bloody nuisance, as is the spoiler - one of the most irritating aspects of Lupo Gti ownership - though most other things continue to make having one a real delight, especially as cars generally continue to get ever bigger and heavier. Regards. D

1 hour ago, davy26 said:

Morning Andrew - hope you're good too.  I think you're right - I've tried following up a few on eBay after searches, but there doesn't seem to be any actually available.  I'm just trying to get ahead of possible future MOT failure;  the things are a bloody nuisance, as is the spoiler - one of the most irritating aspects of Lupo Gti ownership - though most other things continue to make having one a real delight, especially as cars generally continue to get ever bigger and heavier. Regards. D

id be tempted to get it smoothed over and repainted, i presume they wont fail you if there isnt a 3rd brake light there?

On 11/24/2021 at 9:25 PM, Skajme said:

it isn't an MOT failure anyway, it was an advisory on my first GTI before I fixed it, and on my second GTI before I fixed that they never even mentioned it 

Last year I was told that if 50% of the component LEDs were inoperative, it's a fail. Rechecking now, I'm wondering if that was a misunderstanding of the regs, which referred to more than 50% of the brake 'lights' not working - if you read 'lights' as the lamp units - 2 conventional, 1 high level, a dodgy high level would result in still 66% of the lamp units working, so OK (?).  Anyway, I now see further clarification to testers stating that if the unit is not permanently connected (wire taped up) it doesn't have to function for MOT purposes. I'm happy now that this isn't the possible future problem I'd been trying to get ahead of. Thanks for the replies and opinions. 

• davy26 changed the title to !Resolved Lupo Gti Centre High Stop Lamp