Wtf

Elhad

You'll never get it perfect but with the right combination of sanding and perhaps filler + necessary paint and lacquer of course, you could do a very decent job.

Great learning exercise.

Just put the moulding back on. Seen it a million times. It’s just body shops taking a short cut

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:03 PM, Elhad said:

How?

Maybe I can polish it🤷

you cant polish two layers of paint, it must be blended (imho blending is not easy at all for beginners). I also advice to putt the moulding back. More over I dont have any mouldings on my Lupo and my doors has a lot of dents from suv owners i guess.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ObjectiveAway said:

you cant polish two layers of paint, it must be blended (imho blending is not easy at all for beginners). I also advice to putt the moulding back. More over I dont have any mouldings on my Lupo and my doors has a lot of dents from suv owners i guess.

Blending isn't exactly rocket science. 90% of the work involves getting the surface truly flat, prepping (rinse and repeat) and sourcing the right paint shade which is getting harder for old VW's. If you get those things right then it's just about effort with various levels of sandpaper. You'll never get a perfect body shop paint job here, but you're talking, what a 1.0 perhaps? It isn't worth spunking money on and is worth learning a skill that could be useful in the future.

OR, as others have sensibly suggested, put the strips back on.